• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloating almost gone, hurrah!

B: scrambled eggs and bacon, tea w/cream
    S: bone broth
    D: hunk of Brie, dk chocolate, leftover chocolate cream pudding

Did my workout, laundry, client session, dog park and off to take a nap!
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• great!

I made some bone broth from pastured pork. Haven't tried it yet, it's chilling.

I make it in the pressure cooker and then cool it down there, as it's sealed and sterile, and then refrigerate. Since I am dubious about this pork's fat profile I'll skim the fat off probably.

Today, dinner was this wonderful cod, and curried spinach. I might have a bit of honey tonight.

Comment

• Nice! We make our bone broth in a slow cooker. Fortunately, it has a locking lid, so we can put it outside on the patio when the weather heats up.

Mmmmmm, cod sounds yummy! I miss the fish and chips in Scotland. In the tiny fishing village where I lived, they fried everything in lard. Cornmeal crust on the haddock.

Comment

• had another bad headache this morning, took 2 ibuprofen.

Had about 20g of protein -- pulled pork leftovers.

Comment

• Drinking coffee with cream and making some bacon. Tonight pork ribs....I'm still trying to fine tune what fats to consume throughout the day.

Comment

• B: pulled pork w/scrambled eggs, salsa, sour cream, dk chocolate, tea w/cream
              L: cheese, chocolate, pickles, chocolate cream jello
              S: chocolate cream shake w/a splash of brandy, bone broth

Ouch! Headaches are no fun. I haven't had one since my first few days going vlc. Making sure I double salt all my food now.
              Last edited by Dragonfly; 06-05-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• breakfast was a bit of pulled pork, not much, and lunch was the rest, maybe 35g of protein, then dinner was a delicious homemade chicken and cauliflower, both Indian style, and too many pistachios in between. Maybe 70g of protein today.

Still very ketogenic. I'm digging this a lot. Cravings are something that is diminishing as time goes on...

Comment

• I edited my daily eats above...

Hormonal today and had the hungries, but managed to not succumb to carbs, hurrah!

Comment

• I got my carbs to 25 grams..protein..80 grams..but my calories higher than usual..2100...was that bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by tinacristina View Post
                      I got my carbs to 25 grams..protein..80 grams..but my calories higher than usual..2100...was that bad?
                      I pay ZERO attention to calories. I find that they are irrelevant. Once you get your hormones back into balance, you'll burn off calories you don't need. Brown Adipose Tissue can burn calories, your body can literally heat up and get rid of them. Calorie deficits can help some people lose weight but they are no solution to being healthy.

Comment

• Breakfast was butter tea, fasted until around noon.

Lunch was leftover indian chicken and two eggs, about 35g of protein.

Ate about a cup of pistachio nuts (in shell).

Feeling really good today.

Comment

• B: burger w/cheese and a fried egg
                          L: Brie, pork cracklings, dark chocolate, cream
                          D: wine, almonds, mojito (low sugar)

Comment

• wow, I had a wonderful grass fed skirt steak for dinner with a grass fed herb compound butter, and broccoli with garlic olive oil. Ate a total of perhaps 35g of beef protein, so sticking to my plan so far on reducing protein and very low carb.

Comment

• woke up with a toe cramp. Took a small amount of potassium and it's gone.

I am still getting some muscle cramping but it goes away with magnesium or potassium almost at once. Sometimes sea salt seems necessary too...

Comment

• Dessert..chopped walnuts mixed into 3 tb. Cream cheese and ounce of HWC..plus a few drops of butterscott stevia too...almost like cheesecake.....so good..and so full!

Comment

Working...
                                X