Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dkJames View Post
    Richard, since going primal, I have been eating less pork meat than usual. It was not a conscious choice but between beef / lamb and fish, an occasional chicken or duck here and there, my pork consumption is close to 0. I do eat bacon once in a while but pork meat is close to nil. Funny how things change unnoticed for some time until you read about what others are eating
    I was eating bacon but not as much pork either. Because of the poor quality of pork meat and the poor fat profile, as well as the inhumane treatment of pigs. But now I'm determined to eat more pork and good pork. I think we're getting closer.

What I am avoiding more now is factory or even organic chicken. When you have started consuming real pastured chickens you just can't go back to those rubbery awful chickens. I think chicken meat is some of the lowest quality meat in terms of fat profiles and I never liked white meat. I could I suppose eat white meat and add some other good fat to it, which I would do if I was short on funds. But pastured chicken is what we go for now, maybe $12 for a chicken instead of $8, and it is a small chicken but SO good.

Comment

• Totally agree. Pigs and chickens are probably the most mistreated animals. Chickens that we eat are pastured as well and it is a rare thing in our plate. No compromise here. As to pigs, I am not a big fan of its meat and since they are treated like crap, I am not supporting this (bacon seems to snick in though, and I have to think about it).

Comment

• We are lucky to have some good pastured pork here. Did you know that bacon is one of the most nutrient-dense foods, according to Mat Lalonde, AHS presenter.

My sleep has been great the last two nights! Bi-phasic, but deep and dream-filled.

And it's been so easy to drop body fat! The first time I went vlc, I ate too much protein, too few calories and I was hungry all the time. Now, no hunger, plenty of energy and I am heading for bikini-ready without the struggle.
        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Hi all, sorry I have not been around. I have been really struggling with my depression, I'm hoping it's on the mend now. My pdoc did some medication tweaks, but needless to say it's been really difficult trying to maintain a healthy diet of any kind, let alone maintain VLC. I think for right now I'm going to bow out of my VLC quest and just try to eat as paleo as I possibly can and try to avoid binges. I think when I'm in this frame of mind, going VLC just exacerbated the urges to binge, as I have noticed a decline in binge behavior when I haven't been restricting any one food group. I'm sure I will revisit VLC in the future, but for now it's just not working for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
            Hi all, sorry I have not been around. I have been really struggling with my depression, I'm hoping it's on the mend now. My pdoc did some medication tweaks, but needless to say it's been really difficult trying to maintain a healthy diet of any kind, let alone maintain VLC. I think for right now I'm going to bow out of my VLC quest and just try to eat as paleo as I possibly can and try to avoid binges. I think when I'm in this frame of mind, going VLC just exacerbated the urges to binge, as I have noticed a decline in binge behavior when I haven't been restricting any one food group. I'm sure I will revisit VLC in the future, but for now it's just not working for me.
            makes perfect sense. You'll get it figured out, I think, because you are observant and trying a lot of different things.

Comment

• Originally posted by richard View Post
              makes perfect sense. You'll get it figured out, I think, because you are observant and trying a lot of different things.
              +1 Sending good vibes!

Comment

• I'll also add though that I'm now supplementing with B12 and D3. Hoping it helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                  I'll also add though that I'm now supplementing with B12 and D3. Hoping it helps.
                  Great, Marissa!

Comment

• B: chicken liver pâté on goats Gouda, hunk of Brie, dk chocolate
                    L: eggs and goats liver fried in butter, sm glass red wine

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                      B: chicken liver pâté on goats Gouda
                      Crackers? We don't need no stinking crackers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        Crackers? We don't need no stinking crackers!
                        Yup!

Comment

• goats liver is quite unusual in these parts...

Comment

• got a little nauseous for a bit this morning. then I consumed some electrolytes and felt better: sea salt, potassium and magnesium. I think I was low after consuming two cups of butter tea and starting on a third, without eating anything.

I think I will go back to drinking electrolyte water when I get up. I think I need it.

Ate a can of smoked herring. Later some nuts, not a lot. Then dinner was pastured pulled pig, and a bit of salad.

Comment

• Yeah, lots of small-holdings within 1/2 hour of town. We get pork, beef, lamb, duck & chicken eggs, and goat just from one farm where we stock our freezer once a month.. The rest of our food at the 2 Farmers Markets and the Food Coop.

Finished the day with a 2.5 hour hike and a bday nibble for dh at the local pub. Made the mistake of ordering hard lemonade, which was waaaaay too sweet (I will get wine next time), buffalo wings w/bleu cheese dressing, veggie sticks, and cheesecake sans crust.

Stuffed & slightly bloated from the fructose in the lemonade, but very happy! It was a beautiful hike on a perfect day.

Comment

• today I ate 3 butter eggs and butter tea.

Lunch was just some nuts...

Comment

Working...
                                X