No announcement yet.

Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B: 3 pastured eggs cooked in lard, tea w/cream, 15g dark chocolate.
    L: 1/4 pound grassfed burger, 2 oz dubliner cheese, 15 g dark chocolate, low sugar limeade
    D: 6:30 pm and not hungry, so I may fast until tomorrow!
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Also, what about mag citrate? Is that ok?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
        Yikes, I don't eat liver. Any other suggestions?
        Why not? Not being snarky, just wondering?

Beef liver sucks, IMO. Especially overcooked beef liver.

However, lightly cooked lambs liver is exquisite! Chicken liver or Pork liver paté is super yum!

I can provide recipe links if you want to try it.

If not, you can eat lots of dark leafy greens & colorful veggies and get your beta carotene that way (your body will conver to retinol, the animal form of A, as needed.)

Or take a decent, cheap cod liver oil gel cap that contains natural (not synthetic) Vitamin A and a B12 supplement.

Personally, I think you get more bang for your buck with liver.

Comment

Also, what about mag citrate? Is that ok?
          Perfect.

Comment

• Awesome, thanks so much for your help!!

Comment

Awesome, thanks so much for your help!!
              You are welcome!

Comment

• Oh also, I don't eat liver because it kinda grosses me out, lol!!! I know that's probably a silly excuse. But that's why.

Comment

• Originally posted by richard View Post
                  Great point. My reasoning reason is, unheated raw honey is natural. I think there are huge arguments for that. Honey has a host of positive things in it. As long as it's infrequent I think it's superior to something that is not natural. I eat no fruit at this point, and no fructose. I don't think fructose is the absolute devil. It is something we are designed to consume at times of the year in certain minimal quantities, don't you think?
                  Richard, yes, it is a good rule of thumb to choose the natural stuff rather than the processed one. I was simply having fructose malabsorption in mind, which one of my relatives suffers from (symptoms similar to IBS and more). So I personally tend to avoid eating too much of it (I do eat fruits but not every day and prefer starchy veggies rather than fruits).

Comment

• Originally posted by dkJames View Post
                    Richard, yes, it is a good rule of thumb to choose the natural stuff rather than the processed one. I was simply having fructose malabsorption in mind, which one of my relatives suffers from (symptoms similar to IBS and more). So I personally tend to avoid eating too much of it (I do eat fruits but not every day and prefer starchy veggies rather than fruits).
                    right...I'm eating VLC and at the moment no fruit or starchy veggies whatever. It's interesting how much effect a tablespoon of raw honey has and the effect is stronger each time as I get deeper into this.

Comment

Oh also, I don't eat liver because it kinda grosses me out, lol!!! I know that's probably a silly excuse. But that's why.
                      we aren't responsible for our likes and dislikes. We have no control over them.

But we can try new things. My wife hates liver too, but she enjoys my pate or chopped liver.

You can get a few chicken livers and boil until still slightly pink inside. The boiling water shoudl contain a bit of onion and garlic. Then you take the liver and onion and garlic out, and process in the food processor with grass fed butter (a lot of butter, lol.) Make sure you have a lot of salt and pepper as you eat this cold and you want to flavor to come through. Some add just a dash of cognac or whisky.

Then you refrigerate. It's freakin' delicious. Just a small amount goes a long way.

Comment

we aren't responsible for our likes and dislikes. We have no control over them.

But we can try new things. My wife hates liver too, but she enjoys my pate or chopped liver.

You can get a few chicken livers and boil until still slightly pink inside. The boiling water shoudl contain a bit of onion and garlic. Then you take the liver and onion and garlic out, and process in the food processor with grass fed butter (a lot of butter, lol.) Make sure you have a lot of salt and pepper as you eat this cold and you want to flavor to come through. Some add just a dash of cognac or whisky.

Then you refrigerate. It's freakin' delicious. Just a small amount goes a long way.
                        Maybe I will try this. Thanks Richard!!

Comment

How many eggs can I eat for breakfast without going over in protein grams? In fact, how do I figure out how many grams of protein I can have a day without it being too much? A deck of cards sounds reasonable, that usually about 4 oz or so of meat. But what about eggs?
                          according to PaleoTrack data,1hard boiled egg has 6.3 grams of protein so you could eat a lot!
                          Last edited by Aili; 05-30-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• i figure 7g per egg, I have two or three eggs.

Here's what I do now. I put about 2 tablespoons grassfed butter into a skillet and heat it up very gently so the butter melts and is foaming and then I add two or three eggs from the shell. Then I continue gently heating while stirring the eggs and butter together.

Egg yolk is a terrific emulsifier so it all mixes with the butter and results in fantastic "butter eggs" that give the ratio of 80% fat calories we want, or close to it, and tastes great.

Comment

i figure 7g per egg, I have two or three eggs.

Here's what I do now. I put about 2 tablespoons grassfed butter into a skillet and heat it up very gently so the butter melts and is foaming and then I add two or three eggs from the shell. Then I continue gently heating while stirring the eggs and butter together.

Egg yolk is a terrific emulsifier so it all mixes with the butter and results in fantastic "butter eggs" that give the ratio of 80% fat calories we want, or close to it, and tastes great.
                              I was using coconut oil to cook my eggs, but butter is so much better. Tastes great!

Comment

• Woke this morning with an absolute SPLITTING headache. Had to take some Aleve, couldn't deal with this one with no medication. Wondering why the horrible headache though. Carb flu?

Comment

Working...
                                X