Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Marissa,
    One egg has about 7 grams of protein, which is about what 1 oz of meat has. So you can say that 3 to 4 eggs is a deck of cards.
    T.

Comment

• Originally posted by dob View Post
      Great analogy with the stock chart. Definitely sucks that you're not feeling well. I nice sleep will definitely help. Oh yeah, you're using earthing mat. Do you think it helps?
      it does. I think it makes a major difference. I am becoming aware of EMF more and more and the benefits of earthing.

I ordered a good quality fluoride water filter a few days ago too. I am consuming 1mg of fluoride poison per liter of water and need to clean that up.

Just one thing at a time here...next step is to figure out where I can buy grass fed bones more economically for my bone broth. I can't in good conscience consume the fat from factory farmed animal bones so I skim it off in my broth but I want to feel good about it and grass fed is necessary for this.

Comment

• last night went to a small dinner party. They served all sorts of neolithic foods and I ate one and a quarter small burgers (one with butter on it), a salad helping, and one semi-cheat, which was a flan made from cream, cauliflower, a little parmesan cheese, and eggs. So very low carb but I tend to avoid dairy so it was a semi-cheat (very little cheese in it anyway.) Dessert was pie and ice cream which I didn't eat.

So I felt that was pretty good. And it was easy. I wasn't going hungry or denying myself anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by richard View Post
          it does. I think it makes a major difference. I am becoming aware of EMF more and more and the benefits of earthing.

I ordered a good quality fluoride water filter a few days ago too. I am consuming 1mg of fluoride poison per liter of water and need to clean that up.

Just one thing at a time here...next step is to figure out where I can buy grass fed bones more economically for my bone broth. I can't in good conscience consume the fat from factory farmed animal bones so I skim it off in my broth but I want to feel good about it and grass fed is necessary for this.
          If you can't find a local source, you could try uswellness.com. I was directed to this website by another poster, and they come highly recommended by many posters.
          Nutritional Ketosis Journal - http://dobnk.blogspot.com/ and http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83999.html

Comment

• yeah we have plenty of local sources for grassfed, but they are "local" as in 50 miles away or a farmer's market, no big deal.

Last night we had a celebration dinner at a very expensive restaurant. I didn't cheat. I ate a bit more protein than I should have but nothing really bad. Probably 50g of protein if that, in the form of braised beef cheeks and lobster. Plenty of fat.

I didn't eat bread, or dessert, and didn't feel particularly deprived. When we got home much later I had some butter tea and some almonds.

I am going to try to avoid having too many nuts this week.

Comment

I am going to try to avoid having too many nuts this week.
              It's funny you mention that, when I started more or less primal in October last year, I felt compelled to eat a lot of them. I was however losing a lot of weight fast. But these days, I ignore nuts entirely but not on purpose. I eat quite a lot of fatty fish (mackerel, herring and sardines) and meat + organs from ruminants (beef and lamb) and I suppose my ignoring the nuts started when I increased organ and fatty fish consumption. Don't really know ... I used to snack on nuts at work but the little bag of nuts has stayed untouched on my desk for ages now ... weird

Comment

• Just wanted to share that despite my binge, I still lost 3 lbs. Hoping to get back into ketosis again today, fingers crossed!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkJames View Post
                  It's funny you mention that, when I started more or less primal in October last year, I felt compelled to eat a lot of them. I was however losing a lot of weight fast. But these days, I ignore nuts entirely but not on purpose. I eat quite a lot of fatty fish (mackerel, herring and sardines) and meat + organs from ruminants (beef and lamb) and I suppose my ignoring the nuts started when I increased organ and fatty fish consumption. Don't really know ... I used to snack on nuts at work but the little bag of nuts has stayed untouched on my desk for ages now ... weird
                  Well it's better not to. They are too heavy in omega 6, this is the only reason. Except walnuts and macadamia nuts. I suppose I can eat more walnuts but I don't like them as much as I like almonds and pistachios.

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                  Just wanted to share that despite my binge, I still lost 3 lbs. Hoping to get back into ketosis again today, fingers crossed!!!
                  Great! Good for you. Just keep at it, keep consuming a lot of fat, and it will continue getting better and better.

I'm feeling good today. How about you?

Comment

Great! Good for you. Just keep at it, keep consuming a lot of fat, and it will continue getting better and better.

I'm feeling good today. How about you?
                    I'm feeling pretty good today as well. Been spending the morning getting the house picked up, doing some laundry and going to work out in the next hour or two. Hoping the workout will burn off the glycogen so that I can FINALLY get back into ketosis. It's weird, it's never taken me this long before.

Comment

• how can you really tell though. You might be in ketosis right now. Probably are...

Comment

how can you really tell though. You might be in ketosis right now. Probably are...
                        Ketostix are negative.

Comment

• it may be that you are in ketosis but creating the more "advanced" metabolites that don't show up on them stix. Also the body isn't spilling ketones into the urine anymore which is a good sign of ketosis that has really taken hold...

Comment

it may be that you are in ketosis but creating the more "advanced" metabolites that don't show up on them stix. Also the body isn't spilling ketones into the urine anymore which is a good sign of ketosis that has really taken hold...
                            I suppose that is possible, although I would find that to be a little odd. I was testing positive before the binge I had, so why wouldn't I test positive now? I guess I'll wait a few more days and if they are still negative, I'll just stop worrying about it. I suppose I'll stop worrying about it anyway, lol!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                              I suppose that is possible, although I would find that to be a little odd. I was testing positive before the binge I had, so why wouldn't I test positive now? I guess I'll wait a few more days and if they are still negative, I'll just stop worrying about it. I suppose I'll stop worrying about it anyway, lol!!!
                              I think I read that even after your binge you've dropped some weight, which probably translates into you losing inches as well. Isn't that the goal? i think ketosis is merely a means to reach that goal and get healthy. Like you said, don't worry about it so much. This is a roller coaster ride. I just put on 1.5 lbs since yesterday.
                              Nutritional Ketosis Journal - http://dobnk.blogspot.com/ and http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83999.html

Comment

• Originally posted by dob View Post
                                I think I read that even after your binge you've dropped some weight, which probably translates into you losing inches as well. Isn't that the goal? i think ketosis is merely a means to reach that goal and get healthy. Like you said, don't worry about it so much. This is a roller coaster ride. I just put on 1.5 lbs since yesterday.
                                Yeah, I'm over it now. Just like seeing the pink sticks. makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, lol!!! Sorry about your weight gain. If it was overnight, don't you think it was just water weight? I mean there's no way you gained that amount of fat in just one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X