Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need more fat and protein, what can I eat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need more fat and protein, what can I eat?

I am working on reducing BF and having trouble eating enough. I am running on a caloric deficit (typically about 400 cals short). Already today after breakfast and lunch I am only at 414 net cals! UGH.

I have had: 2 c coffee with heavy cream and 1 tsp raw sugar per cup.

a smoothie- 1/2 c kefir, 1 c spinach, 1/2 c froz blueberries, 1/2 scoop Tera's whey

lunch was a BAS - 4 cups greens (romaine, kale, spinach and chard) 1/2 avo, 2 chicken tenders, 1/2 carrot, EVOO, lime and sriracha.

I have consumed 51g carbs
    27g protein
    65g fat

What can I eat to bring up the fat and protein? I guess I will boil some eggs. Maybe I could have a little more protein powder mixed with coconut milk and water? Other suggestions?

I am trying to re balance my eating to maximize fat loss but not weight loss. Advice?
    Last edited by dacec; 04-23-2013, 12:55 PM.

You seem to be mixing calorie and gram counts. For PB you just count grams. At 51g you still have 50-100g to spare withing the confines of what the PB recs are.

To answer your question about protein and fat its simple. More meat and more eggs in place of other things if need be.

Comment

Half a dozen eggs and a half pound of bacon will take care of that.

Comment

Yes, you are right, I did mix things up! Corrected now..after breakfast and lunch I am at 414 net cals.

I guess being too full to eat more should not be considered a problem...but that is where I am at. I guess I should eat an egg post work out, take out some of my salad greens and add another piece of chicken in their place. That will help for tomorrow. For today I am at a loss as to what to eat for dinner. I guess just fatty meat?

I am trying to keep my carbs at around 50 on easy work out days (walking and swimming). I will bump it up on harder work outs....but for today I am out of whack and trying to balance out my intake.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
          Half a dozen eggs and a half pound of bacon will take care of that.
          hahahah....I think I'd barf, but maybe an omelett w/ bacon would be the perfect dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by dacec View Post
            I am working on reducing BF and having trouble eating enough. I am running on a caloric deficit (typically about 400 cals short). Already today after breakfast and lunch I am only at 414 net cals! UGH.

I have had: 2 c coffee with heavy cream and 1 tsp raw sugar per cup.

a smoothie- 1/2 c kefir, 1 c spinach, 1/2 c froz blueberries, 1/2 scoop Tera's whey

lunch was a BAS - 4 cups greens (romaine, kale, spinach and chard) 1/2 avo, 2 chicken tenders, 1/2 carrot, EVOO, lime and sriracha.

I have consumed 51g carbs
            27g protein
            65g fat

What can I eat to bring up the fat and protein? I guess I will boil some eggs. Maybe I could have a little more protein powder mixed with coconut milk and water? Other suggestions?

I am trying to re balance my eating to maximize fat loss but not weight loss. Advice?
            MEAT!!! Eat the flesh of dead animals! Fattty cuts like ribeyes and lamb shoulder chops are perfect. Aside from a few pieces of chicken breast you are eating like a vegetarian! Fat and protein come from meat, not spinach and fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Markbt View Post
              MEAT!!! Eat the flesh of dead animals! Fattty cuts like ribeyes and lamb shoulder chops are perfect. Aside from a few pieces of chicken breast you are eating like a vegetarian! Fat and protein come from meat, not spinach and fruit.
              !!!!!!!!!

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

Comment

Eating like a veggie huh? Hmm....that is good food for thought.

I always have meat on my salad and typically have a smoothie for breakfast (hate to cook breakfast!) I love beef, always have some meat and cooked veg for dinner.

Obviously though you are right, clearly I need more meat.

Comment

Start every meal with a pound of meat. Stop messing around with little-of-this little-of-that, liquid this, pinch of that. Have a pound of meat, two or three avocados, a hint of greens or berries if you feel the need, and lots of organ meats and stock, seafood and spices. Coconut milk is a nice go-to as well. But don't drink tiny amounts, drink the whole 420 calories. Mostly, eat solid, real grown-up food. In large amounts.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

If you cook so that there are leftovers at supper, you won't have to cook for breakfast. You can heat up the leftovers.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

The protein seems low. Most sources I've read say .7 to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight for fat loss. Besides eggs, fish like wild caught salmon and grass fed ground beef are also good protein sources with some fat. On the pure fat side try using coconut oil. Its a solid so you could actually just eat with a spoon if you really need fat that bad, or you can put it in a smoothie or just cook with it. Dark chocolate and nuts have a good amount of fat too.
                      Last edited by prime11; 04-23-2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Knifegill....a pound of meat per meal might be a 'tad' much for me, but I get the point, eat real food and lots of it. I do like my green although since I have started tracking micros I am realizing that I need to cut back a little....no one needs 914% of the RDA of vit K!

Joanie, I usually am lazy and save leftovers for my DDs for work or the meat to top my lunchtime salad...maybe this goes back to Knifegill's point about starting each meal with more meat :-)

Comment

Good tips Prine11...I am more worried about the protein than the fat, but I have thought about dipping a spoon in the coconut oil just to try it. I could easily add a little to my smoothie. Usually I add coconut milk, which I love but today I didn't.

Comment

A pound is not actually very much. It sounds like a lot, but when you look at it, you realize you're going to need to eat more when it's gone.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

This is an awesome post from J. Stanton about eating like a predator.

“Eat Like A Predator, Not Like Prey”: The Paleo Diet In Six Easy Steps, A Motivational Guide - GNOLLS.ORG

Comment

Working...
                              X