The six-day diet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The six-day diet?

Hey all, got another question for you. At work the other day I was talking with a client and somehow primal/paleo eating came up. H was telling me that he's on what he called the six day diet. Basically, he's very, very strict primal for six days out of the week, but on the seventh, he doesn't care. If he wants some pasta, he'll get it or has a craving for a big mac, he'll go for it.

I'd never heard of anything like that, so I just wanted to get the forum's thoughts on it.

Wouldn't work for me, but if it works for him...

Comment

If he doesn't care about labels (being Primal, not being Primal) and it seems to work for him, why not. He seems to recognize what he's doing as a diet tool, and not a lifestyle change, and maybe that's what he needs right now.
      be the hair that knots with my hair
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Basically what I do.

Comment

Recommended by Tim Ferris. Taken apart (somewhat) by Mat Lalonde on Robb Wolf's podcast

http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/up...Episode-68.pdf (pages 19 and 20)

If a weekly treat day motivates someone to eat well most of the time, then of course that's superior to eating crap 7/7.

Personally, I prefer to have my treats as and when something awesome is offered to me, rather than scheduling a day for it.

Comment

The results will depend on what they're actually eating. Everyone's deviant foods look different.

I believe a feast is a positive metabolic stimulus--a lot of cultures seem to have this built into the weekly routine. I would never waste it on fast food though.
            37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

The degree to which my eating is 'primal' varies from day to day. But this isn't a diet and I'm not on a diet.
              Sandra
              *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

I usually do one meal per week that breaks the primal rules (cheeseburger usually). It makes dinner a lot easier that night and it seems to be working for me so far.
                The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

I also generally allow myself one non-primal day per week. I don't always use it, but it's there if I want a little pasta or (eek) a sandwich on sourdough. I don't go apeshit; no whole pizzas, no eating from morning 'til night, etc. Basically, since I don't have any food allergies or bad reactions to a specific food, it just eases my mind to know that once a week I can have a little something I love but know isn't healthy on a daily basis.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
                    I usually do one meal per week that breaks the primal rules (cheeseburger usually). It makes dinner a lot easier that night and it seems to be working for me so far.
                    Do you find that you are still losing weight... (if thats your goal?)

I'm grain+corn intolerant.. so if I have a day of not eating my normal routine it's still "primal" haha. I make everything including pizza crust, brownies, etc.. all primal friendly so I just eat those things.. Obviously, I don't eat that everyday! but those are nice things to splurge on!

Comment

I don't recommend it for long term results.
                      Rebooted Body -- Ancestral Health + Modern Psychology | The Rebooted Body Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by Yoga11 View Post
                        Do you find that you are still losing weight... (if thats your goal?)
                        I haven't lost much but my body composition is changing. Take a look for yourself at my 0-60 day photos.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82764.html
                        The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

I used to do that and stopped it, I always binged on the 7th day and felt sick the next day.

Comment

It would probably work for people who are already very lean and active. My dad eats fairly healthy most of the time, usually all organic foods. He's like 6'1" and 160 pounds. Hikes at least once a week, takes his dog for long walks almost every day. But, he likes his Eggo Waffles. And whose to stop him? He eats healthy most days, and even puts his expensive organic maple syrup on d'em Eggos.
                            Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                            Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                            Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                            F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

I have heard a lot of people doing this, I certainly wouldn't cheat on my lifestyle though.

Comment

Working...
                              X