No announcement yet.

Vegan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's not my God by any means. He wrote an entire article explaining that B12 can be found in plant foods but he doesn't want to get sued by anyone. Not all vegan diets are the same. I don't eat soy, corn, packaged foods, anything like that, I eat rice or millet maybe 2-4 times a week, my diet is like 65/25/15 vegetables, fats (nuts and olive oil mostly, occasional avocado and dark chocolate), fruit. I know some local organic farmers whose animals fertilize their fields and I buy from them whenever I can. You should be more worried about the people here centering their diets around fucktons of CAFO meat and RBGH dairy than me eating spinach all day, IMO.

Things like fish have the health halo but Grok never had to worry about shit like this... http://science.time.com/2013/02/15/t...t-into-rivers/
    Last edited by 2ndChance; 04-23-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

I used to have a chart that featured a cow and explained what each of its parts are used for (everything from skin to blood to bones). Assuming it was accurate, it would be very difficult to be really "vegan".

M.

Comment

"impossible to be a vegan" diagram...
        Veganism is Bullshit (PIC) | HapHappy

However... I don't think that the diagram is 100% accurate.
        Many of those products are also available to vegans who want to search them out in "vegan friendly" alternates.

That's besides the fact that every processed food has an acceptable level of bug parts... and if they don't eat crustaceans they shouldn't be eating bugs. And all vegans I have known have eaten processed soy meat things. And I have known some veg/vegans who weren't at all above killing pest bugs which made me go "WTF? They kill them and don't eat them simply for being gross and pesty(flies, ants, cockroaches, mosquitoes), but won't kill and eat the water living equivalents?!"

Vegans are weird. That's all I've got.
        There is not logic in that system as best I can tell from the ones I've interacted with.

Not directed at you 2ndChance.
        I'm all for people doing what makes them feel the best. If your diet works for making you feel healthy that is great and that is the best reasoning.
        The reasoning above where vegans kill bugs for being bugs but then say they don't kill crustaceans/shellfish because it's "wrong" to kill and eat meat is the oddness I can't grasp.
        Last edited by cori93437; 04-23-2013, 09:19 AM.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

That's the one, cheers. I cannot claim the accuracy of it, though. And it is good you mentioned the bugs; I tried to tell a vegetarian about that once (actually it was a small group of them) but they didn't seem to get it.

M.

Comment

I try not to think about all the bugs I have probably consumed throughout my life. I read something somewhere about the FDA actually having written guidelines as to the 'maximum amount of insects' allowed in various foods, canned mushrooms allowing up to 40 maggots (wtf!!!)

It is probably impossible to be 100% vegan, but I guess many vegans think it's fine because they aren't intentionally eating the bugs (I hope???)
            Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
            Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
            Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
            F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

Survive? Or thrive?

Comment

Working...
              X