Any tips for losing too much weight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for losing too much weight?

I have a patient in my office that wants to gain some weight, but instead he is losing too much weight, even if he seems to have done everything right! The patient is really eating too much, more than his daily calorie expenditure, and unfortunately he is still losing! Well, to be honest the patient is myself – I am my own patient so to say! So this is the problem; even if I am gorging down around 4000 calories per day I am still losing weight when I want to gain, so maybe I am eating too much? Yes, I really want to gain some weight at the moment, so should I then rather eat less food to avoid losing and gain some weight instead, since I have seen from so many treads that people that have the opposite problem and want to lose weight are recommended to eat more to lose more weight?

I have no known illness, but I have recently bought myself a glucose-meter and it fluctuates between 109 (fasted) and it drops to 85 two hours after eating! So, what’s wrong with me?

Thank you so much in advance…
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

You need to up your exercise, maybe two hours a day on the treadmill and a marathon at the weekends. That should do it.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Maybe you have a tapeworm.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Maybe you have a tapeworm.
        A large tapeworm serpent devouring thousands of thousands of my precious calories and growing fat in my intestine while I am losing weight? But wouldn’t the serpent’s weight still count as my weight then – a big fat tapeworm cannot easily be distinguished from the rest of my bodyweight I suppose?
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

You will need to determine your daily fecal mass, this will include the worms eggs and excretion, the worm itself will only get so big before the tail breaks off.
          "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

So, eating less then, avoiding to feed the serpent and by that starting to gain some weight again?

- Schopenhauer

Comment

First eat less, to starve the serpent, and after 2 months of fasting, when you're sure the serpent is dead, you can just eat like 20000 calories a day. That would help.

But really, have you checked your thyroid function? I saw some study once about some people whose metabolism speeds up when they eat more, but really in a linear function. Maybe you have that kind of thing? I have no clue, actually.

Comment

I hear tapeworm-serpents hate coffee with butter in it. You might be able to drive him out that way.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  I hear tapeworm-serpents hate coffee with butter in it. You might be able to drive him out that way.
                  Really??? I'm not too sure about having a potential tape-worm swimming around in bullet proof coffee in my stomach... What if the tape worm is primal or paleo then, he may then grow even fatter and want to be fed huge amounts of bacon for breakfast, lunch and dinner also?

So, tapeworm or not, isn’t it reasonable that my excessive food intake can be firing up my metabolism too much, and that I should drop calories and eat less to start gaining some weight again?

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I dunno, I would think lots of carbs, combined with lots of fat would take care of it. And maybe some coke made with real sugar, instead of Coke zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                      Really??? I'm not too sure about having a potential tape-worm swimming around in bullet proof coffee in my stomach... What if the tape worm is primal or paleo then, he may then grow even fatter and want to be fed huge amounts of bacon for breakfast, lunch and dinner also?

So, tapeworm or not, isn’t it reasonable that my excessive food intake can be firing up my metabolism too much, and that I should drop calories and eat less to start gaining some weight again?
                      All kidding aside, this is a silly strawman you continue to hang. Yes, if you cram your face full of way more food than your appetite calls for, you will gain weight. But if you have a healthy metabolism, not as much as your precious CICO formula predicts (because the CO side will be influenced by the extra CI).

Dependent variables they remain. Alternative hypothesis not debunked. Thank you, come again.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Involuntary weight loss is a sign of illness--period. If you are actually eating as much as you claim and are losing weight, I really suggest you see a doctor.

One reason most doctors will ask a patient who has lost weight since the last visit, "Are you doing this intentionally?" is that weight loss without being planned is a red flag for many illnesses, all of which are severe.

See a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by emmie View Post
                          Involuntary weight loss is a sign of illness--period. If you are actually eating as much as you claim and are losing weight, I really suggest you see a doctor.
                          Well, I am still losing some weight even when eating around 4000 calories! I go to the gym five days a week for an hour and a half, finishing every strength session with 15 - 20 minutes easy cardio on the elliptical machine. I also do morning cardio every day for around an hour and try to move around as much as I can, according to general primal recommendations! My bodyweight today is 201 pound and instead of gaining weight I have lost two complete pounds of weight last month! My strength numbers are stable though and I am around 8-9% of body fat and 50 years old.

So maybe I am firing up my metabolism by eating too much?

- Schopenhauer

Comment

How is your digestion? I used to lose weight realllly easily whenever I'd take a break from stuffing my face and/or weight training. But the past year or so, my digestion has improved and my weight seems a good bit more stable.

Comment

Dairy.
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                              X