Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Rejuvelac and a place for it in the PB Nutrition plan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Rejuvelac and a place for it in the PB Nutrition plan?

I searched and didn't find anything in the forum. I've made rejuvelac, love it when it's a good, fizzy batch but do not know how the 'fermentation' benefits balance against the entire sprouted wheat grain soaking. Anything bad from the grain soaking (gluten? phytates? lectin?) into the drink? Will it cause a glycemic spike? Thank you.

Well, the Weston A. price foundation advocates consumption of soaked, sprouted, and fermented grains, but some people just don't do well on grains period. Regardless of how they've been processed beforehand.

I look at it this way, there is a sort of hierarchy of grain consumption:

Grains < Soaked grains < Sprouted grains < Fermented grains < Sprouted and fermented grains < Grain-free

IF you chose to consume grains, sprouting them and THEN fermenting them is your best bet for lowering antinutrients as much as possible. But even then, you can't get rid of everything. So simply eliminating them may be overall better.

But if you feel fine consuming them, then hey, do what you will. Grains are not primal, but your diet doesn't have to be 100% if you don't want it to be.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
    X