No announcement yet.

Second Meal Effect/Increased Insulin Sensitivity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to agree with the OP on this for me. VLC did a lot of good for me. Not much to lose, but that and weight training really changed my body type. Adding in 100 g. carbs a day at lunch now after 2 years seems to be working even better. Again, all body types are a bit different, so I respect that this works. After all, for me, 100 grams of carbs in the form of sweet potatoes, rice, fruit or veges is not the same as hohos and captain crunch.

Comment

Originally posted by picklepete View Post
      The carb chapter in Perfect Health Diet mentioned something similar. Insulin sensitivity is a crucial signifier (whether or not its a determinant) and is much improved when going from 60%/300g carb to 20%/100g carb BUT we shouldn't assume that it's a linear function and that 5%/20g will be even better. They don't mention meal timing though. I kind of dread another layer of complication, especially when there seems to be a consensus that spreading carbs evenly reduces their hazards...
      Otzi loves layers of complication.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Otzi loves layers of complication.
        You'd be surprised! Actually, I love simplicity based on what works. Right now, for me, this means:

No breakfast, a starchy vegetarian lunch, a normal PB dinner. No snacks. Walk 30 minutes at lunch interspersed with numerous sets of bodyweight exercises. Walk another 30 minutes after dinner.

I hate layers. I hate counting calories and macros. I hate taking my temp and BG level. I hate going to doc for labs. I hate reading blogs and studies that turn out to be biased...but I've done them all ad nauseum to find what works.

One thing I love about MDA is the differing ends of the PB spectrum and people will to experiment and talk about it.

Comment

Working...
        X