No announcement yet.

Hypersensitivity to Caffeine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that a cup of coffee now keeps me awake for 2 nights in a row, so I dropped coffee and don't miss it. I brew one tbsp of green tea in a tiny tea pot and it lasts me for 6 or so mugs I normally drink in the evening after supper. I dilute it with water a lot, obviously. No ill effects & no problem with cocoa nibs (maybe a tbsp or so a day).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Same issues here, brother. My digestion sucks, and I'm very sensitive to caffeine and carbs, as well as sugar. Do you ever go into sweats from eating carbs? If so, you may have insulin resistance, as I do. Also, take a look into adrenal fatigue as a possible reason as to why you're so sensitive. I have bad adrenal issues.

Comment

I don't have much, if any issues with caffeine. My biggest issue is that it is a wonderful diuretic for me. Heh. So taking it right before bed might not be wise for me less because the caffeine itself keeps me alert and awake, but I find myself getting up every little bit to take a piss.

I don't tend to get shakes or nervousness or restlessness or the like, nor does it seem to effect my digestion. I guess I am kind of lucky that way.

As much of it as I drink though, I am conscious to the fact that it can be abused and force myself to take detox days/weeks from it when I think I may have been using a bit too much of it lately.
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by InLimbo View Post
          Same issues here, brother. My digestion sucks, and I'm very sensitive to caffeine and carbs, as well as sugar. Do you ever go into sweats from eating carbs? If so, you may have insulin resistance, as I do. Also, take a look into adrenal fatigue as a possible reason as to why you're so sensitive. I have bad adrenal issues.
          I too am very sensitive to caffeine as well as sugars. As for insulin resistance, how to you measure this? I am thinking adrenal fatigue plays a role in my sensitivities.

Comment

For PHENOMENAL info on adrenal fatigue, check out drlam. com and adrenalfatigue. org. My insulin resistance is self-diagnosed (ate TREMENDOUS amounts of sugar/simple carbs for years and drank like a fish due to brutally weak adrenals) by the fact that I sweat after eating too many carbs. It does seem to be improving after altering my diet bigtime. Steamed veggies, mixed nuts, the only meat I eat is fish (other meat affects me) and plantains. Those carbs I am able to handle as long as I don't go overboard. My adrenals are slowly healing due to vitamin C and magnesium supplementation. When I feel i'm able, I'm going to re-add iodine (1 drop 3x per week) and vitamin B-5 to boost me to the next level.

Comment

When these sweats occur, I become ravenously hungry shortly afterwards, with intense fatigue and worry. The anxiety stems from the adrenals being forced to resort to releasing adrenaline for energy to counteract the insulin dump. Obviously has been a life-long issue for me that I am just now addressing at 29 =/

Comment

Odd, but I have just very recently become super sensitive to caffeine. I was having 3 big mugs every morning for years, then I had a weird episode, the doctors think a TIA. (mini stroke) and from that morning on when I have caffeine I get big palpitations and racing/anxiety and blood pressure goes up and mine is usually on the low side. So I am now on decaf which seems to be ok. Seems coffee can be pretty rough on the system.
                Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Working...
                X