Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoeamy View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm in my first week of primal and I've been finding myself super hungry between meals.

I've been a long time carb addict, althought my partner is gluten intolerant so most of our meals have been at least gluten free.

I'm just wondering about how much quantity of vegetables to eat. Can I just eat plenty and not worry about it or do I need to be concerned about the carb quantity?

Yesterday's food was:

2 poached eggs, smoked salmon, 1/2 cup leftover roast veg (beetroot, pumpkin, carrot)

pumpkin & beetroot & chicken salad

Ratatouille with meat balls, sweet potato & pesto mash

I was pretty hungry in between these meals and snacked on whatever primal-esque foods i could find. Yes, I drink plenty of water.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Since you've upped your fat intake and are still hungry, I suggest that you add a sweet potato into your diet with one of your meals. I always had this craving when I started that even when I was completely full I still felt hungry. Added in a sweet potato with a little grass-fed butter and cinnamon on top and no more hunger. Plus it's delicious
    Primal since September, 2011
    LeanGains IF
    -----
    Conquer your own world and become the leader of your own life
    Inner Gladiator

How To Never Get Sick (And Add 72,000 Hours To Your Life)

Comment

Originally posted by feren6 View Post
      Since you've upped your fat intake and are still hungry, I suggest that you add a sweet potato into your diet with one of your meals. I always had this craving when I started that even when I was completely full I still felt hungry. Added in a sweet potato with a little grass-fed butter and cinnamon on top and no more hunger. Plus it's delicious

You've hit the nail on the head, I have this hunger feeling even though I *know* I'm not hungry, like... I've had a full bowl of veggies and I'm full... but still feel that craving. Very frustrating.

I'll give your suggestion a try. It seems to settle in the afternoons so that is one good thing i suppose!
      Starting waist measurement: 36". Current 35". First Goal 33".
      Starting backsquat: 50lbs. Current squat: 132lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by zoeamy View Post
        You've hit the nail on the head, I have this hunger feeling even though I *know* I'm not hungry, like... I've had a full bowl of veggies and I'm full... but still feel that craving. Very frustrating.
        Feeling full is not the same as satiated... When I'm not satiated, I will search/crave more food even though my stomach is full.

Comment

Just a quick thought: if you only started eating REAL foods for the first time (as opposed to SAD minus the gluten), then I would think it is your body telling MORE of the real stuff please!! It will eventually settle down as you become fat-adapted for daily energy expenditure but it takes a while (a few weeks). Until then, continue to eat real foods and slowly decrease your reliance on starches (eliminate sugar and grain completely if you can but maybe you are one that must do this progressively), and most of all, do not pay attention to calories from fat and protein. As you are adapted to real primal foods, you can tweak it according to you needs. Experience episodes of REAL hunger once in while to understand the benefits of intermittent fasting. Once you are there (personally, my wife and I have been at it for 7 months or so) you will naturally fast intermittently. Now we eat one meal a day at home, not caring about the amount of calories, etc, and only real foods. We eat until we feel full and well. But be patient

Comment

eaten them before so i roasted up a batch

Comment

Working...
            X