How many nuts are too many?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many nuts are too many?

What do most people usually consider "enough" nuts in a day?

Currently, I'm on a Whole30. I don't have any real grab and go snack options that I can easily get, so so far I've been eating a lot of nuts. Probably too many. Any snack-y ideas for when I want something quick and easy to eat? I get all of my meat and veggies, but it's hard to configure prep and all that with a tiny kitchen and 3 burners between 4 people.

How many servings of nuts would you consider too many per day? And what are some good portable options while on the Whole30?

(God, I miss cheese.)

A serving or 2, for me. But it depends on you, really. Are you overweight? Watching your omega-6 intake?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I eat them occasionally, but not daily.

I don't snack. Your goal should be to get out of the "gotta have a snack" mode. Eat bigger meals so you don't need snacks.

Comment

I'm not overweight, but I am looking to slim down a little.

Snacking was the wrong word choice. Likewise, I have stopped snacking since going primal. I meant it more in a way of getting some more calories in. Since starting Whole30, I've tracked my intake a couple of days and it's been pretty low. I know people are just going to say "eat more meat and veggies", but again, limited budget, limited kitchen access. I guess what I'm asking is if having a serving or two of nuts a day would be detrimental to my progress.

Comment

When I did the whole 30 I was eating 1/2 to a cup of nuts a day. Way too many I think although I still lost weight. I'm really not a huge meat eater so was limited. I have cut back quite a bit now and will tell you my bowel movements were sure nicer when I was eating so many

Comment

A serving or two of nuts will not be detrimental to your progress as long as you are taking them into account. Keep in mind that a "serving" of nuts is actually a small quantity. So you need to learn to recognize that amount when you're eating it.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              Your goal should be to get out of the "gotta have a snack" mode. Eat bigger meals so you don't need snacks.
              Co-sign.

Definitely "approach with caution" territory. I keep a sack of home-toasted mixed nuts in the freezer and will hand pick 2 of each type (so 8-10 total) on a saucer for dessert sometimes. Using them as a hunger-killer = weight gain for me. If I just want something to occupy my mouth I'll have seltzer, tea, a clementine, a few frozen strawberries, or some carrot sticks or cucumber slices with a little guacamole or tahini.
              37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Are carrots permissible on the W30?
                That's my favorite snack these days.

Comment

Yes.
                  Janeen

Comment

1 nut is too many
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

1 Brazil nut is perfect.
                      Janeen

Comment

I don't know ... I am dealing with some nuts on a different thread and I think that even one nut is too many

Comment

I guess I should take heed here. Apparently I am eating way too many nuts per day. I suppose I will worry more about it when I stop progressing toward my goal. I'm not in a race to get there.
                          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by anna5 View Post
                            I don't know ... I am dealing with some nuts on a different thread and I think that even one nut is too many
                            Haha! I know what you mean. I don't actually mind the nuts nearly so much as the jerks, though.
                            Janeen

Comment

I am not well read in the hatred of nuts... But I eat a ton (no salt added)! Especially macadamia nuts. But I try to avoid peanuts.

In my mind a good way to substitute meat in a quick meal.

... Nuts seem very primal to me.

YMMV
                              Full on Primal family and loving it!!!
                              This is going to be a big year for vitamins and minerals!

Comment

Working...
                              X