Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allergic to nuts: What kind of Flour is OK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Yeah, Udis is about the only non-disgusting tasting gluten free bread I have found. So I buy that. I ask about flour mainly for baked goods, and I have some success with rice flour for desserts (coconut flour too, but I usually mix in some rice flour). Glad to hear rice is okay. It's not as though I have a slice of cake every day
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

As far as dessert-type baked goods are concerned, I normally keep a blend of 4 parts white rice flour:1 part sweet rice flour. I usually sub it. I don't use xanthan gum, so sometimes the result is more crumbly than it would be. But better than inconvenient digestive issues the additive gives me.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        You will be disappointed if you think any paleo-type flour substitutes will produce a bread that would fool anyone expecting something like wheat bread.
        Thank you.
        Sandra
        *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

No its not a crime to want a decadent dessert once in a while. Indulge! But make it the best damn dessert possible, not some dessert substitute. A paleo cupcake is still a cupcake, except its not the cupcake my taste buds are looking for. And just because the ingredients are "all paleo" doesn't make it an everyday food.
          Sandra
          *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Working...
          X