How much is too much good fat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is too much good fat?

I am knew to this forum and two weeks into my Primal Lifestyle. Maybe someone can help me out ... just a little confused as to my limitations in using too much 'good' fat - Or is there too much good fat?

It depends on your goals and what kind of things you do. Are you an overweight-type coming from the standard american diet, or more of an athlete trying something new? Are you including a ton of exercise, or more of a relaxed approach?

Comment

Are you eating food with "good fat" in it, or are you just adding lots of fat to your diet, displacing vegetables and other whole foods?

Comment

My policy is to be unafraid of fat as part of protein, starch, and vegetable foods, but I also try not to fetishize fat by trying in vain to fill up on it.

Example:
        Inedible: skinless chicken breast, plain macaroni, steamed veggie with lemon juice
        Awesome: turkey leg, yam with butter, veggies roasted in oil and vinegar
        Weird: cured meat, cheese, whipped cream, almond butter every day
        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

How much is too much good fat?

Originally posted by peppermint View Post
          It depends on your goals and what kind of things you do. Are you an overweight-type coming from the standard american diet, or more of an athlete trying something new? Are you including a ton of exercise, or more of a relaxed approach?
          Thank for your thoughts.. I am very athletic and i do Crossfit 5 days. I am just used to eating Complex
          Grabs and low fat.

Comment

So how is primal going for you so far?
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

It's only too much when it displaces other, more nutritious things from your plate.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Just listen to your body. It will tell you when you have had too much. I always feel a little bit yucky when I have had too much fat. For example I can not handle bulletproof coffee more than 2days in a row. I always feel off.

Comment

Working...
                X