Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fit gelatin into diet?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to fit some gelatin into my day. I've posted my typical diet below, and am curious if anyone has any suggestions on the best place to add gelatin. Ideally, I'd like to keep the prep easy (i.e. mix into drink).
    • Breakfast: 2 eggs, blueberries/strawberries mixed, 8 oz milk, 1 cup tea
    • Snack: 1 oz cheese, 8oz OJ
    • Lunch: Leftovers from night before
    • Snack: Milk, Fruit
    • Supper: 8oz Meat, 1/4 plate of starch, veggie or fruit

Thoughts from those of you who use it daily?

Mix it in a few ounces of hot water

let it cool enough to chug it

chug it
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I'm using it the old-fashioned way, to gel liquids. Mmm... gelled heavy cream eaten off a spoon. Gelled broth or fruit or vegetable juice.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        I'm using it the old-fashioned way, to gel liquids. Mmm... gelled heavy cream eaten off a spoon. Gelled broth or fruit or vegetable juice.
        Hmm, gelled fruit juice may be decent snack before bed

Comment

Shake some strong hot coffee, plain gelatin powder, Splenda powdeer, and some hot milk in a steel thermos, and the result is creamy “caveman coffee”™ with very little fat. Put some cinnamon and Splenda powder also on the top and it's very close to a decent cappuccino...
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
            Shake some strong hot coffee, plain gelatin powder, Splenda powdeer, and some hot milk in a steel thermos, and the result is creamy “caveman coffee”™ with very little fat. Put some cinnamon and Splenda powder also on the top and it's very close to a decent cappuccino...
            What if I add a stick and a half of butter?
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              What if I add a stick and a half of butter?
              That's illegal!!! - you will be banned forever from doing caveman coffee, and you must spend the rest of your life in disgrace...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                you must spend the rest of your life in disgrace...
                I wouldn't have it any other way. But that would be a huge waste of way too much good butter, so I'll skip it.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I drink bone broth weekly and occasionally have low sugar homemade "jello".
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

You can make a mousse of some sort for breakfast, drink hot or cold broth or jellied broth (with or without meat/fish,eggs,veggies) for snack or as one meal, particularly in the summer, yum) and have a home-made jello or no-bake cheese-cake for dessert....
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Gummy worms.

... Whoops, posted under wrong screen name!

Comment

Make marshmallows

Comment

i do this A LOT.

1 cup water, 1 packet gelatin, 30g watermelon, and a pinch of stevia. put the gelatin with half the water in a small mixing bowl(i use one of the cups from my magic bullet) and let sit, bring the other half of the water to a boil. dump the watermelon, stevia and hot water into the gelatin mix and mix until incorporated and fridge it until set.

i really like using the magic bullet for this as it creates a nice foamy layer of watermelon jello goodness on top of the watermelon jello.

but instead of watermelon i often use sweet potato, butternut squash, orange, banana, apple slices. I did spinach once and that rocked. THE ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR IMAGINATION!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
                            THE ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR IMAGINATION!
                            Those silly little packets are the limiting factor, unless you buy a 5# bag from Amazon as I did.

Comment

Coffee jello with coconut cream!!

Take a mug full of good strong hot black coffee, sweeten with whatever you use, add 1 T gelatin, stir well. Put it in a bowl to mold it, then chill it for a few hours. Un-mold the jello (or not), top with coconut cream. Eat!!

Comment

Working...
                              X