No announcement yet.

How to fit gelatin into diet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just mix it right into my morning coffee. with a dollop of butter, a dollop of coconut oil.. and if I am feeling whacky, an egg, some cinnamon and vanilla. Gotta blend quickly before the egg cooks. But talk about FROTH! Holy moly!

Comment

So, for breakfast I mixed a tbsp of porcine Great Lakes gelatin in some chicken broth along with an egg and kerrygold butter mixed in. Couldn't detect any flavor or change in the texture. Wish I had some OJ to chase it with. Need to go shopping. will definitely add gelatin to more things now!
      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Just had an ounce softened in 1-1/2 cups of water, then heated. 2 tsp artificial sweetener and 1/8 tsp citric acid. Not bad. I feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
          will definitely add gelatin to more things now!
          I am gonna get some tomorrow. I always see it at my dutch store, but I just wasnt sure what to do with it.
          65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

I just ordered some of the Great Lakes gelatin. I can't wait to try some of the ideas here!

Comment

speaking of my watermelon gelatin.

heres a pic of the the frothy foamy goodness you get using the magic bullet. Did this today with watermelon, cantaloupe,a dn honeydew combo!

SO GOOD!

Comment

Okay. Getting strawberries out of the freezer now...

Comment

Question: does gelatin always have to be heated to activate it or will blending it with something cold have similar results? Will eating it as-is from the container change it's bioavailability?

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                    Question: does gelatin always have to be heated to activate it or will blending it with something cold have similar results? Will eating it as-is from the container change it's bioavailability?
                    I've added gelatin to a mix of olive oil and water that was cold and the gelatin firmed up the mix without it ever being heated. I mixed in some nutritional yeast and made a cheese sauce.

so it works without the heat.

Comment

It definitely has to be heated if what you are trying to do is set up a liquid into a solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
                        I've added gelatin to a mix of olive oil and water that was cold and the gelatin firmed up the mix without it ever being heated. I mixed in some nutritional yeast and made a cheese sauce.

so it works without the heat.
                        Awesome. I was actually thinking about it with nooch!

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                          It definitely has to be heated if what you are trying to do is set up a liquid into a solid.
                          Noted!

Comment

The standard proportion is 1 tablespoon of gelatin to set up 2 cups of liquid.

Comment

I have been following. Thanks for sharing all the info.

I never knew until Primal that gelatin was an animal thing. Not what I think of when I think of flavored jell-o gelatin, so I was having a hard time wrapping my brain around it
                              65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

I add it to coffee or make milk jello ;w;
                                “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
                                — Fyodor Dostoevsky

Comment

Working...
                                X