Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zach View Post
    Canada doesnt have sun?
    LOL....we have winter for approx. 6 months...we end up being to far from the sun to make any Vitamin D
    But the other 6 months depending on where you live its wonderful!

Comment

Thanks everyone....I guess I just have to take more...quick question, so I should get tabs or caps vs liquid?

Comment

Don't take isolated vitamin D. Vitamin D (calciferol, the name says it) is necessary for the absorption of calcium while vitamin A is needed for the absorption of fosfor. Calcium breaks down the bones and fosfor builds bones. Life is a continuous cycle of death and birth so it's important you get both minerals in a correct ratio and absorb them in a correct ratio. If you get too much vitamin D compared to vitamin A, your body could pull fosfor from your bones. That's why I think that fermented cod liver oil and butter oil from green pasture is so good. It has these vitamins in a good ratio and they are not synthetic (which is the only kind of vitamin that can lead to overdose)
        well then

Comment

I second the fermented cod liver oil and butter oil from green pasture.....real food source of A and D

Comment

I second the fermented cod liver oil and butter oil from green pasture.....real food source of A and D
            Green Pastures does have great marketing, but only contains about 1000 IUs of D3 per dose. (each batch is different, so you really don't know what you are paying all that money for!)

Not to mention that the ratio of A to D in Green Pastures is about 10:1, when it should be more like 1:1, evolutionarily speaking

MUCH cheaper to eat liver and hard cheese (Gouda is especially good) to get your A and K2 and supplement with oil-based D3 drops or gel caps. Supplement with Magnesium, too, unless you eat a lot of seafood.

Carlsons Solar D Gems are all naturally derived (lanolin and CLO) and cheap on iHerb. Lots of good choices on Amazon, too.
            Last edited by Dragonfly; 04-06-2013, 06:53 AM.
            Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
            Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
            Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

MUCH cheaper to eat liver and hard cheese (Gouda is especially good) to get your A and K2 and supplement with oil-based D3 drops or gel caps. Supplement with Magnesium, too, unless you eat a lot of seafood.
              OMG, maybe that's why I can't get enough cheese lately. Eating plenty of liver and vitamin D and supplementing magensium, and I was just craving cheese all the time. Must be the missing piece of that puzzle or something. And it's always grass-fed cheese! I do wonder if my body knew it wanted K2...
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                OMG, maybe that's why I can't get enough cheese lately. Eating plenty of liver and vitamin D and supplementing magensium, and I was just craving cheese all the time. Must be the missing piece of that puzzle or something. And it's always grass-fed cheese! I do wonder if my body knew it wanted K2...
                Our bodies are so smart!
                Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Working...
                X