Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had trouble with this at first, but here was the clincher for me:

You know how they induce rickets when doing clinical trials? OATMEAL

It's not a health food. Look up the nutritional value of egg yolks. There's a real health food! Bacon isn't so much, but the satiety value rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by marcusp View Post
      wow really?? just one meal a day??

and it takes a few hours to eat..crikey

so whats in this gigantic meal and have you got ripped from doing it??

We have always been taught never to skip breakfast
      Getting ripped? Is that your only reason for switching to primal? Someone needs to adjust their priorities methinks.

I have lost a lot of fat eating this way and I have leaned out however. The idea is that your body should have more than enough fat stores on it to allow you to burn them all day until you eat your meal and refuel. It is something Grok likely had to deal with quite often because he obviously wouldn't have been able to eat until the day's hunt was complete, usually in the evening.

Dude, if you're going to make primal work, you need to get out of this CW mindset you're in about regular eating, eating small amounts, feeling guilty about high fat, etc.

For example... My one meal yesterday was:

Seven egg omlette with three cups of spicy mustard greens in it cooked in a tablespoon of coconut oil, seasoned with cinnamon, turmeric, and cumin, topped with a chopped jalapeño a pound of grass-fed ground lamb, and a bunch of salsa.

Total calories according to Cronometer? 1,950. Considering I went for a six mile walk yesterday, probably a net loss overall.
      Last edited by Drumroll; 04-05-2013, 12:34 PM.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
        Getting ripped? Is that your only reason for switching to primal? Someone needs to adjust their priorities methinks.

I have lost a lot of fat eating this way and I have leaned out however. The idea is that your body should have more than enough fat stores on it to allow you to burn them all day until you eat your meal and refuel. It is something Grok likely had to deal with quite often because he obviously wouldn't have been able to eat until the day's hunt was complete, usually in the evening.

Dude, if you're going to make primal work, you need to get out of this CW mindset you're in about regular eating, eating small amounts, feeling guilty about high fat, etc.

For example... My one meal yesterday was:

Seven egg omlette with three cups of spicy mustard greens in it cooked in a tablespoon of coconut oil, seasoned with cinnamon, turmeric, and cumin, topped with a chopped jalapeño a pound of grass-fed ground lamb, and a bunch of salsa.

Total calories according to Cronometer? 1,950. Considering I went for a six mile walk yesterday, probably a net loss overall.
        no of course not I want to be healthy to and live longer, so I read this diet seems to fit my criteria

im also a postman so do plenty of walking and cycling to work yet im still fat. Its my diet is awful at the moment, well not over the last 2 days :-)

might mix it up and have one massive meal

Comment

You might want to check out "The Warrior Diet" by Ori Hofmekler.

The book is a little dry and he doesn't always explain his thoughts as well as I wish he would, but there's a solid basis behind eating once a day at least. It's not all hype and bunk!
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

will bebetter when you get the coconut oil... everything will taste better and you will be more satisfied

do IF and a good meal, sorted

Comment

Originally posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
              will bebetter when you get the coconut oil... everything will taste better and you will be more satisfied

do IF and a good meal, sorted

yeah man got that today bloody £6.99 from sainsburys cant afford that all the time gotta try do this on a budget :-)

Comment

Originally posted by marcusp View Post
                yeah man got that today bloody £6.99 from sainsburys cant afford that all the time gotta try do this on a budget :-)
                yes sainsbury is gonna be out of the equation, way too much

order tubs online and it will work out much cheaper per kilo and better too

i spend so much time researching suppliers, it's just something you need - keep your ears peeled for a good cheap source of eggs - they are around and often from strange sources, you want someone who has an over supply and wants to sell them

I pay £1.15 the half dozen through a church that gets them off an organic farm, super fresh, organic, free range and not feed corn. That's way cheaper than the market and the big chains.

Promise you though, do the work once, find the suppliers and get into the way of eating and you will reap the benefit

Comment

this is a good resource for suppliers in the UK

Paleo Directory - Primal Britain

Comment

this is a good resource for suppliers in the UK

Paleo Directory - Primal Britain
                    Thanks mate

Comment

Found the meat supplier site

it's Somerset not Devon doh!

field&flower meat box delivery farm to door meat delivery service

One-off meat boxes

Comment

this also highly recommended for beef - mince and stewing steak around £6.50 the kilo

Welcome - Fordhall Farm

Comment

remember, you can eat more later if you get hungry again, stick with it and you will see and feel the benefit

Oh how wonderfully true this is. Eat more if you're hungry and feel no guilt, darling.
                          The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

I'm always telling folk 'eat more', they look at me like I'm mad

Comment

Working...
                            X