Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snacks or small meals - recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snacks or small meals - recommendations?

Does anyone have suggestions of snacks or small meals that can be eaten on the go? I don't eat nuts atm, and my imagination is limited to fruit and boiled eggs...!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Salami?
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Jerky, dried fruit, cold cuts of meat, cheese, canned sardines in tomato sauce.
      Last edited by Damiana; 04-05-2013, 02:28 AM.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

are you near a Waitrose? They sell sardines with a slice of lemon in the can - mash up with a knob of butter or eat neat: HEAVEN.
        Waitrose sardine al limone - Waitrose
        When I'm in the UK I buy and eat in bulk. Sodding Aussie food import laws, can't even get them shipped over (and I so would).
        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Pumpkin seeds. Especially good with a few dried cranberries and sultanas.

Comment

1 oz Cheese and a 8oz Orange Juice works great for me

Comment

Get a little cooler you can pack meat or cheese and vegetables in.

Comment

Waitrose, beef biltong from Unearthed.

Comment

Cream cheese, if you do dairy.

However, when I am staying nicely on target with eating I do not feel the need to snack. ARe there many days that you cannot carve out meal times?

Comment

I buy dry fish in Chinese supermarket (croaker, it says No Chemical Hazard, lol!), and top canned herring or sardines (canned in water) with sprouts or chopped coleslaw mix. From the same opera there are smoked salmon and shrimp. Radishes and baby cucumbers are my long-standing favs as well instead or along with sprouts. Ground beef is also surprisingly tasty cold. Yogurt. Creamed coconut I assume belongs in the same category as nuts for you.
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

YB, have you tried the famous banana mug cake yet?
                      It's a mashed banana, egg, heaping Tb spoon almond butter and 1 Tb sp . cocoa. All mixed together well in a large mug and microwaved for 2 minutes.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Will be hitting up Waitrose once I'm back in the UK

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post

However, when I am staying nicely on target with eating I do not feel the need to snack. ARe there many days that you cannot carve out meal times?
                        Want to experiment with eating smaller meals throughout the day instead of stuffing my face in a couple of sittings...

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                        Creamed coconut I assume belongs in the same category as nuts for you.
                        Not at all! I live on coconut Abstaining from nuts is because of PUFA...
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                          YB, have you tried the famous banana mug cake yet?
                          It's a mashed banana, egg, heaping Tb spoon almond butter and 1 Tb sp . cocoa. All mixed together well in a large mug and microwaved for 2 minutes.
                          No... but I will! Bananas and egg really are the staple of Primal gluten-substitutes.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                          X