Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey hows my first primal meal??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey hows my first primal meal??

    Hey guys

    So after doing a lot of reading this is my first day going primal well im not going for 100% tight tight primal

    But have I got it sort of right your imput would be great!!!

    Ok

    For breakfast

    I had two slices of bacon and two eggs fried in virgin olive oil

    lunch

    mixed bag of vegtables, carrots, cabbage, onion and beansprouts fried in olive oil

    Dinner

    Two handmade cajun burgers seasoned with sea salt and pepper and half mixed bag of vegtables as above

    snacks also had banana and a few grapes

    plus drank a lot of water

    Its strange I already feel less bloated my food today was awesome but I cant get my head around eating eggs and bacon for brekki without getting fat

    so do you think thats a good start my friends?

    cheers

    Marcus

  • #2
    Looking pretty good, it's a great start. One suggestion I have is to look into getting some virgin coconut oil and/or some Kerrygold butter (or other organic grass-fed butter depending on where you live). Coconut oil is mostly saturated fat, so is less likely to oxidize when used for frying. Olive oil is best used drizzled over things or made into homemade mayo or sauces.
    Last edited by peppermint; 04-04-2013, 02:31 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd have some meat with your lunch.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        I'd have some meat with your lunch.
        Cool so maybe throw in some chicken for lunch

        Comment


        • #5
          yup, cook in virgin coconut

          add grass fed but to cooking near the end, dress hot cooked veggies like cabbage in it to, add a knob of said butter to a cooked steak, eggs and anything else

          for salads add EVOO to them

          my fav breakfast is a minute steak with two eggs (all primal sources) with grass fed butter added - nummmmmmm nummmmmmm

          my #1 tip is get creative, have a wide variety of meats, fish and include game, spices, herbs... make it interesting, exciting

          and make sure to always add fat to eat fatty meat

          enjoy!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by peppermint View Post
            Looking pretty good, it's a great start. One suggestion I have is to look into getting some virgin coconut oil and/or some Kerrygold butter (or other organic grass-fed butter depending on where you live). Coconut oil is mostly saturated fat, so is less likely to oxidize when used for frying. Olive oil is best used drizzled over things or made into homemade mayo or sauces.
            im from the UK, dam it I bought a big bottle of olive oil to cook in. Wonder if I can get coconut oil in sainsburys...

            Comment


            • #7
              order the coconut oil online dude, use the olive til it arrives, get some grass fed butter - available online in the UK - there's a load of good grass fed meat suppliers in the UK too

              stay off the grains and refined foods

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
                order the coconut oil online dude, use the olive til it arrives, get some grass fed butter - available online in the UK - there's a load of good grass fed meat suppliers in the UK too

                stay off the grains and refined foods
                cheers man ill have a look online.......

                from what I read most of the meat in the UK is grass fed, I shop at sainsburys

                seems strange I could get a six pack from eating all this nice meat :-)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by marcusp View Post
                  Cool so maybe throw in some chicken for lunch
                  Exactly what I was thinking. Or tinned salmon or sardines.
                  Out of context quote for the day:

                  Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by marcusp View Post
                    cheers man ill have a look online.......

                    from what I read most of the meat in the UK is grass fed, I shop at sainsburys

                    seems strange I could get a six pack from eating all this nice meat :-)
                    some places to start

                    Where To Find Grass Fed Meat Producers In The UK

                    Welcome - Fordhall Farm

                    Welcome - Fordhall Farm

                    Northfield Farm Online Shop - Welcome To Northfield Farm

                    Hugh Grierson Organic

                    Buy elite quality grass fed beef and free range chicken online.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by marcusp View Post
                      cheers man ill have a look online.......

                      from what I read most of the meat in the UK is grass fed, I shop at sainsburys

                      seems strange I could get a six pack from eating all this nice meat :-)
                      some places to start

                      Where To Find Grass Fed Meat Producers In The UK

                      Welcome - Fordhall Farm

                      Welcome - Fordhall Farm

                      Northfield Farm Online Shop - Welcome To Northfield Farm

                      Hugh Grierson Organic

                      Buy elite quality grass fed beef and free range chicken online.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks ill have a look

                        I am on a budget and a father of 4 so gotta keep costs down

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          good eggs are a great way to keep the cost down and are really primal, with veggies and butter make a great cheap meal

                          think about cheaper cuts of meat rather than steaks, I also keep the portion size down and add fat, eat plenty of greens with everything...dressed with butter or oil, feels great, shreds me up (less than 12% body fat, nearly 50 year old) and don't coast a fortune

                          I've got a link somewhere to a cool farm in Devon where they do a mixed box of beef at about 8 nicker the kilo, see if I can find it for ya

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
                            good eggs are a great way to keep the cost down and are really primal, with veggies and butter make a great cheap meal

                            think about cheaper cuts of meat rather than steaks, I also keep the portion size down and add fat, eat plenty of greens with everything...dressed with butter or oil, feels great, shreds me up (less than 12% body fat, nearly 50 year old) and don't coast a fortune

                            I've got a link somewhere to a cool farm in Devon where they do a mixed box of beef at about 8 nicker the kilo, see if I can find it for ya

                            Cheers pal that would be great thanks...

                            so you got ripped just by going primal and your 50 thats really great...

                            I tried p90x but found it to hard plus the diet was complex

                            im only doing a few pressups and pullups for now

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sainsbury's stock the Groovy Food company Coconut Oil. Organic and virgin. Goose fat and duck fat are also great for frying as they don't smoke like olive oil. They are also nowhere near as expensive as their reputation suggests. Both also available at Sainsbury's. Eggs in goose fat = perfection.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X