Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peppermint Oil

JISSN | Full text | The effects of peppermint on exercise performance

Endurance improved drastically for the test subjects.

Interesting study. Not as controlled as one would like. But even if the results are 1/2 of what was reported it should be I should be adding it to my diet.

i saw that study...definitely not very controlled. but i would expect some kind of positive result even in a controlled study. peppermint gives me a boost just from smelling it.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Interesting on how most studies involved the smelling of the oil rather then the consumption. The cost to mimic the study is less then a nickle a day, plus it cant be bad for the breath.

Comment

inhaling the essential oil will definitely provide a stimulus

Comment

Peppermint has also been used to reduce body hair growth on men and women due to lowering DHT levels in the body.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I believe it feels like a good time to brew myself a cup of peppermint tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
              Peppermint has also been used to reduce body hair growth on men and women due to lowering DHT levels in the body.
              Consumption? Lower DHT means slowing down baldness. Lower DHT means increased Test, and HGH. I might spend 10 cents a day for those effects.

Comment

Consumption? Lower DHT means slowing down baldness. Lower DHT means increased Test, and HGH. I might spend 10 cents a day for those effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobert View Post
                  Ah, but DHT is quite important: The effects of transdermal dihydrote... [J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI

Originally posted by Article
                  Transdermal administration of DHT improves sexual function...
                  Originally posted by Article
                  As estrogens are thought to play a role in the pathogenesis of prostate hyperplasia, DHT may be beneficial, compared with aromatizing androgens, in the treatment of aging men.
                  Last edited by Drumroll; 04-05-2013, 06:37 PM.
                  "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

From the study:

Serum concentrations of LH, FSH, E2, T, and SHBG decreased significantly during DHT treatment

not cool but

DHT did not affect liver function or the lipid profile

Looks like the results could be achive with citrulline malate without the baldness possibility

Comment

Actually, a decrease in SHBG is GOOD. Less SHBG means more bioavailable free T that isn't bound up. ONLY free T can be used by the body for anything useful. Total T levels is basically a useless measure. You want to measure free T if you want to get any sort of useful measure in available testosterone levels.

Comment

Actually, a decrease in SHBG is GOOD. Less SHBG means more bioavailable free T that isn't bound up. ONLY free T can be used by the body for anything useful. Total T levels is basically a useless measure. You want to measure free T if you want to get any sort of useful measure in available testosterone levels.
                        The Effects of Transdermal Dihydrotestosterone in the Aging Male: A Prospective, Randomized, Double Blind Study

I agree with what you are saying, and correct me if I am wrong. But the % decrease of T v SHBG is signifigant towards the T side. Meaning it is still crushing your T verse the other levels. I am looking at 0-3 month change. At 6 everything goes to almost normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobert View Post
                          The Effects of Transdermal Dihydrotestosterone in the Aging Male: A Prospective, Randomized, Double Blind Study

I agree with what you are saying, and correct me if I am wrong. But the % decrease of T v SHBG is signifigant towards the T side. Meaning it is still crushing your T verse the other levels. I am looking at 0-3 month change. At 6 everything goes to almost normal.
                          All I know is that it is possible to have total T levels go down, meaning your body is producing less testosterone, but SHBG also goes down and what is left is a net GAIN in free T so even though T totals have gone down the T actually available to the body has risen and you will still increase your androgenic potential as a result.

Comment

I've found that enteric coated peppermint oil capsules work great for IBS. Be careful with the liquid essential oils if you want to take it internally--they can be really strong, I once made the mistake of putting a drop of aromatherapy-use essential peppermint oil into tea once and had terrible stomach cramps/diarrhea. I can't say that I noticed any fitness benefits while I was taking the peppermint capsules, but I wasn't really looking for that specifically. That reminds me I should order some more...thankfully my IBS has improved to the point where I don't usually need medication for it, but for a while the peppermint capsules were the only thing keeping me off Bentyl or even prednisone.

Comment

Hi Guys - I suffer periodically from aura migraines and I have found as soon as I feel an aura coming on - I drink about a litre of water and put peppermint oil on the back of my neck. The cooling effect works really well for my migraines, and other less severe headaches.
                              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                              X