Potatoes, not Prozac?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
    OK well you win on comparison with the spinal cord, but the article doesn't mention the brain, which still has billions of neurons.

Comment

Originally posted by sjmc View Post
      OK well you win on comparison with the spinal cord, but the article doesn't mention the brain, which still has billions of neurons.
      I'll give you that one perhaps. But if anyone reads that article and still doesn't believe in the connection between digestive health and mood/brain functioning and health, they're not even trying.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Thanks for the replies... didn't mean to start a thread and then not show up again. I don't think I have the greatest digestion, I think I may be dealing with some deficiencies, and my diet hasn't been very balanced lately. I may try to add some fruit into my diet to see if it gives me more energy. I think that is my main symptom... lack of energy and motivation and just feeling blah in general. Depression runs in my family so I go through bouts of it.

I may give 5-HTP another try. I also have L-Theanine for anxiety when I feel that, which isn't all the time, so I don't take it on a regular basis.

Comment

If you feel you are really missing out on fruit, tune in to that and experiment with adding some back in.

Another couple of things, try adding in some algaes like Chlorella and Spirulina. They are super nutrient dense & they feed the brain. I could send you more info you'd like. Also, raw pure Cacao. seriously.

Maca powder (a tuber similar to a potato) is an adaptogenic. It helps your body cope with stress and bring your hormones to balance. It will nourish you and help you feel well and balanced.

Maybe instead of 5-HTP try with those algae, raw cacao, or Maca.
          My Health and Nutrition Blog
          @ VIBRANTE
          http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
          X