No announcement yet.

Bulletproof coffee is AMAZEBALLS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question from someone who's only read about bulletproof coffee but never tried it... is there some advantage to using butter rather than a high-quality heavy whipping cream?

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalStudent View Post
      Question from someone who's only read about bulletproof coffee but never tried it... is there some advantage to using butter rather than a high-quality heavy whipping cream?
      I don't think so.. other than perhaps removing the buttermilk.

Comment

Yes!!!!! You get the shock factor of telling someone you put butter in your coffee. Other than that, it's pointless and a waste of good coffee and good butter.
        "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Fernaldo View Post
          Yes!!!!! You get the shock factor of telling someone you put butter in your coffee. Other than that, it's pointless and a waste of good coffee and good butter.
          In that case... as a non-coffee-drinker, if I choose to drink 1/2 a pint (about a cup) of straight cream as a morning pick-me-up (instead of breakfast), any chance I'll get kicked out of keto?

Comment

Originally posted by Fernaldo View Post
            Also, you are "fasting" - no food at all before lunch, only a stick of butter and some MCT oil in the morning coffee! So, the bulletproofer can put up a very serious face and tell his family or co-workers; - only bulletproof coffee for me, I am fasting this morning...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

For me, I'm senstive to casein and sometimes butter sits better with me than cream. 1T of butter in coffee whirred up with a frother is just like cream (looks the same and no fat globules on top) and if the butter is unsalted it tastes just like cream, but with no side issues.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
              My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo712 View Post
                He classifies himself as a "Bio-hacker", interesting blog, but I'm sure not going to pay his premium prices for his brand of coffee.
                I've only known one person who has tried it, and it's the only coffee she has found that she can tolerate on a daily basis. Then again...she has so many health issues, it's ridiculous.

I want to try it at some point.
                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

I've tried his coffee, it's good $#!t. It provides a much more clear-headed non-jittery feeling than other options, and doesn't cost much more than what I would drink instead.

If you read up on the subject, it's not just about "organic" - it's about reducing mold and toxins in your coffee - there are plenty of organic coffees that still have lots of mycotoxins and/or mold in them - ways to reduce the likelihood of toxins/mold involve getting beans from a single source (as opposed to many plantations' beans mixed together), processing (wet vs. dry, no fermentation, etc), etc. etc.... I feel like there used to be more information on what exactly makes a good coffee bean before he started selling his own product, but simply an orgainic label ain't it.

I tried BP coffee in the blender one of the first times I did it, and didn't like the foaminess, so I've been whipping the mixture around my cup with my butter knife, which works, but... I just got an aerolatte dealy-do... yeah, it's awesome.

Comment

Try lakotacoffee.com they offer a few fair trade organic coffees that are wet processed to remove the possibility of mold contamination. I do like the bullet proof coffee as well but it is cost prohibitive.
                    I have an immediate reaction when I drink regular coffee because of the mold/mycotoxin issue. After several treatments to clear my body of mold sickness, I'm now extremely sensitive to it and can tell immediately if I eat/drink anything that has it or walk into a room where its growing somewhere.
                    Bulletproof coffee is good but we mix it up and sometimes use coconut milk from a can (the high fat unsweetened stuff) because butter does get old after awhile and the MCT oil has a crappy flavor. Much better to use the MCT oil in some sort of smoothie to hide the bad taste.

Comment

I believe that the idea behind this is that the cream contains some protein, lactose, and other things while butter is almost pure fat, which makes it better for ketosis and not "breaking the fast" by consuming carbs or protein. You can probably find a better explanation on the Bulletproof executive website.

Comment

Half/half never took me out of ketosis....

Comment

I'm looking to kick Primal Fuel and go back to BP Coffee. I have to go out of town for a week Sunday, which I hate (mostly because its Tuscaloosa and I hate Alabama and everything Updyke).

I bought an Aeropress off Amazon today and it should be here tomorrow. It looks like a great alternative to nasty and single serve coffee makers in hotels. I use Kicking Horse Kick Ass Dark beans now and I like them.

I want to kick this crazy Primal Fuel spending. It detracts from my $50 bottle of Laphroiag 10 each week.

Comment

For us that try to keep our carbs as low as possible, 2tbsp butter has 0g carbs whereas HWC has 1g. I know that it's not much, but if you're trying to keep carb grams as low as possible, every gram counts!

And, if you're an intermittent faster - as I am - you want something that will give you energy, but essentially not break your fast as HWC would do. I guess it's one of those YMMV kinda things, as some IFers say they use cream and don't consider it having broken their fast. I do!

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              Welcome to the dark side.
                              I adore this response!

Comment

Originally posted by QT3.14 View Post
                                For us that try to keep our carbs as low as possible, 2tbsp butter has 0g carbs whereas HWC has 1g. I know that it's not much, but if you're trying to keep carb grams as low as possible, every gram counts!

And, if you're an intermittent faster - as I am - you want something that will give you energy, but essentially not break your fast as HWC would do. I guess it's one of those YMMV kinda things, as some IFers say they use cream and don't consider it having broken their fast. I do!
                                LMAO, cream breaks your fast but butter doesn't? It's calories that break your fast not the specific food!!!! Sorry to break this to you but 2 tablespoons of butter is breaking your fast ~200 calories.
                                "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X