Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s-piper View Post
    Kimchi,

There are a lot of carb defenders here, I'm not one of them. Trust me. Low-carb diets were the only way I ever lost weight without feeling miserable and weak.
    They aren't really miracles, in that, yeah if you go off it you'll gain back the weight, but that's true of any diet and in spite of what some here may tell you there is no conclusive evidence that they're dangerous.
    I'm not saying they're for everyone, but they do work. Yes, it has been proven that they are effective for weightloss, and there is empirical as well as anecdotal evidence that they improve the metabolic profile and symptoms of type 2 diabetes, PCOS, and insulin resistance.
    Thanks for the intelligent post.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
      You can kill a cow and eat steak onsite. You can't do that with butter. Milk is a whole food, butter is a byproduct of milk. Steak isn't a byproduct of a cow, it is the flesh of a cow. That's a straw man. Steak is nutrient-dense. Butter isn't.
      butter is churned milk, not a "by-product" by any stretch of the imagination. cream is milk-fat, also not a by-product.

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
      Milk is a whole food.

Cream is not. It is the fatty non-homogenized stuff that floats to the top of milk.

From there, butter is the fat extracted from cream after the water is churned out and some milk solids remain.

Butter is less nutrient-dense than maple syrup or molasses. I wouldn't drink a glass of maple syrup or molasses, and I'm guessing you wouldn't, either. It makes just as much sense to eat straight butter.
      by your pretzel logic, cream is actually MORE whole since it separates itself naturally from its water content. you don't have to "do" anything to it, other than let it sit.

and comparing cream or butter to sugar is just nonsense.

i am not drinking oceans of cream or eating butter by the stick. i also don't touch maple syrup, molasses or any of the arbitrary sweeteners that are fine by you. (molasses being a by-product and all.)
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Are we really doing the ChocoTaco Butter Battle Tap Dance Party again? It goes like this:

Choco says butter is a processed/un-whole food

Someone points out that it's less processed/more whole than many foods he considers acceptable

Choco then says butter isn't nutrient dense

Someone points out that it's actually pretty nutrient dense

Choco then says you shouldn't put 900 kCal of butter in coffee

Someone points out that hardly anyone puts anything like that in their coffee

Choco then claims that butter is a processed/unwhole food

Repeat the cycle 3 or 4 times, then Choco stops posting
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I just felt obligated to post since all the other usual suspects already have.

I really don't have anything new to say though..... Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            I just felt obligated to post since all the other usual suspects already have.

I really don't have anything new to say though..... Have fun!
            +1

My fave post so far.
            Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
            https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
            MFP Food Diary:
            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
            (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

I can hardly wait for tomorrow's CICO thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                I can hardly wait for tomorrow's CICO thread.
                Why wait, start one now!!!
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  Are we really doing the ChocoTaco Butter Battle Tap Dance Party again? It goes like this:

Someone points out that it's less processed/more whole than many foods he considers acceptable

I'm sorry, but this is really funny.... and strangely accurate.

I don't really know what to think about all this hubbub. I don't eat a lot of carbs or calories. Losing weight, but I couldn't say for which reason. On one hand, I do agree with Choco. Eating whole, good foods is what primal is about... but I will never agree that butter and cream aren't whole foods. Of course, I do not buy store milk in any form. Or butter. I have the butter/cream factory out in the barn. She's fat and happy like a cow should be.

I no longer beat myself up for having a potato. They're great- but I also no longer obsess over them. I eat what my body calls for. Lately- it's just meat. Not a lot of urge eat veg or fruit. Mostly because I am so sick and tired of the tasteless store produce. Come on growing season, hurry up!
                  The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

Blah + bluh = bluh + blah.

Next time I run my electricity, I'm going to tell it that it is a fantasy 'cuz I learned it on a paleo/primal forum. I.e. energy doesn't matter.

Calories matter. How those are 'burned' is different in every human. Few of us are scientists. Those who think they know everything rarely know how the hell piss is formed.
                    Last edited by JoanieL; 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM. Reason: grammar
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

MERH! Duplicate.
                      The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

I started laughing at the stick of butter in my fridge when I realized how controversial it was. The fact it was half-naked was pretty lewd too...
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

Oh my god this is so true!
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I took a stick of butter and I melted it.

He looked at me with molten eyes.

I told him he was hotter than Georgia asphalt in summer.

He looked at me with molten eyes.

Butter. Man. Butter. Man.

That's hot.

Roflmao
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

honestly? i think it's funny as hell watching him get wound up. like a terrier with gum stuck on its back. can't quite get it, but it's driving him krazee.
                              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

+1^

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                                My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Working...
                                X