"Calories in / Calories Out" -- Please Stop the Madness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slacker62 View Post
    So all of those healthy, longest-lived people living in the Blue zones around the world are following a low carb diet? Interesting!
    Oh right, the whole misquoting people and stupid one-liners thing. Got it, boring.

The topic is the usefulness of the CICO formula. Carb/protein content of the diet changes base metabolic rate so it's relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears View Post
      Paleo is whatever you make of it, the macrocomposition of your meals should be up to you... not the typical low carb bs I read on here.
      But, I don't eat paleo..... I eat Primal (tm). Carb curve and all
      Last edited by Neckhammer; 06-18-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sting View Post
        These videos flat out suck. They explain nothing - the very lean ectomorph's TDEE suddenly spiked after a few weeks of ultra high calories. No kidding. The carbophobe's thyroid probably finally picked up, and it took 5,000 kcal to do it. Try holding that diet for 6 months...see what happens.

However, this video that was linked to those two awful videos is EXCELLENT.

Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
          These videos flat out suck. They explain nothing - the very lean ectomorph's TDEE suddenly spiked after a few weeks of ultra high calories. No kidding. The carbophobe's thyroid probably finally picked up, and it took 5,000 kcal to do it. Try holding that diet for 6 months...see what happens.

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

It may be excellent, but he lost me at the BS statistic that 95% of all people who have lost weight on a low carb ("or some other trendy kind of" kinda leaves space to manoeuvre...) diet have put it back on within a year. I'd love to believe that I'm a 5%er, but I doubt it.
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Dr. Eades Quote: As you may recall from the earlier post, a lowered insulin levels opens the door to the fat cells, allowing fat to come out to be burned. If your dietary intake meets all your body’s energy needs, however, your body will simply use these dietary calories and leave the calories in your fat cells alone. And you won’t lose. But lowered insulin levels pretty much prevents fat from going into the fat cells, so even if your caloric intake goes up – as long as your insulin stays low – you won’t store more fat in the fat cells. And your weight will stay the same.
            If you crank up your intake of fat calories and at the same time increase your carb intake you are going to gain like crazy. Why? Because you will increase your insulin levels and drive this fat into the fat cells. And it will happen quickly.
            http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/weight-loss/low-carb-and-calories-part-2/

Peter Attia Quote"Let’s get back to the question you actually want to know the answer to. Do calories “matter”, and should you be counting them?

Energy density (calories) of food does matter, for sure, but what matters much more is what that food does in and to our bodies. Will the calories we consume create an environment in our bodies where we want to consume more energy than we expend? Will the calories we consume create an environment in which our bodies prefer to store excess nutrients as fat rather than mobilize fat? These are the choices we make every time we put something in our mouth.
            http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/do-calories-matter
            Last edited by sting; 06-20-2013, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X