"Calories in / Calories Out" -- Please Stop the Madness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    .........................page 41 - moving right along..........................
    If you build it they will come.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      If you build it they will come.....
      .....................brilliant Neckhammer - I love me a wee challenge.....................
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I'll jump in, too.

For the past eight weeks, I've had a return of my autoimmune anemia and gastritis. My calories are quite low because I'm too tired to eat and even water puts me in f'ing agony. I fast most days because I have no appetite at all. My calories are well below what I was eating two months ago.

I've lost two pounds.

Healthy young guys who can "cut" for photos--I am thrilled to bits for you. Post your photos!!

But I don't share your experience with calorie restriction results at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by momrn View Post
          I'll jump in, too.

For the past eight weeks, I've had a return of my autoimmune anemia and gastritis. My calories are quite low because I'm too tired to eat and even water puts me in f'ing agony. I fast most days because I have no appetite at all. My calories are well below what I was eating two months ago.

I've lost two pounds.

Healthy young guys who can "cut" for photos--I am thrilled to bits for you. Post your photos!!

But I don't share your experience with calorie restriction results at all.
          If you are think that you are losing too little, remember that dieting is very stressful to the body, and stress may retain water for days or weeks! Very often a day of refeed above maintenance will make the body drop water...
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
            If you are think that you are losing too little, remember that dieting is very stressful to the body, and stress may retain water for days or weeks! Very often a day of refeed above maintenance will make the body drop water...
            Not dieting, just trying to survive this flare.

My point is my calories are ridiculously low and have been for weeks and I have lost nothing...

So, what gives?

If calories in/calories out is the gospel, why am I not have the similar results as kitoi?

Comment

Not dieting, just trying to survive this flare.

My point is my calories are ridiculously low and have been for weeks and I have lost nothing...

So, what gives?

If calories in/calories out is the gospel, why am I not have the similar results as kitoi?
              Maybe he is training harder than you, creating a larger calorie deficit, having a different metabolism, more muscle, measuring more accurate, etc., etc.? But if it's the case that you are very low on calories and active, and still not losing, how do you know that you are not retaining water?
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Maybe he is training harder than you, creating a larger calorie deficit, having a different metabolism, more muscle, measuring more accurate, etc., etc.? But if it's the case that you are very low on calories and active, and still not losing, how do you know that you are not retaining water?
                Did you even read her first post? She has been too sick to eat for months.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                  Did you even read her first post? She has been too sick to eat for months.
                  Apparently not.

How do I know I'm not retaining water? My clothes fit. My rings fit. I'm not puffy or bloated.

I've decreased my exercise, but I manage to walk my dog everyday. I still work on my feet everyday.

We are talking calories in/calories out, right? My calories out have decreased some. My calories in have decreased tremendously. I lost two pounds.

Even in a state of illness-induced anorexia, I am not losing weight. NOT. LOSING. WEIGHT.

Maybe if I could pull myself together and go for a sprint I could drop a few more pounds? I'm just not working the formula to my advantage, right?

Comment

Apparently not.

How do I know I'm not retaining water? My clothes fit. My rings fit. I'm not puffy or bloated.
                    Bah, if you loses triglycerides from your fat tissue and your body fill up the empty fat cells with water, replacing the triglycerides with water and minerals, how can you see any difference? And if you are sick and drink little water this will also make your body retain even more water due to stress, just saying...

Originally posted by momrn View Post
                    We are talking calories in/calories out, right? My calories out have decreased some. My calories in have decreased tremendously. I lost two pounds.

Even in a state of illness-induced anorexia, I am not losing weight. NOT. LOSING. WEIGHT.
                    See my comment above...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• So then it's not as easy as calories in/calories out.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                      My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by 252dlp View Post
                        So then it's not as easy as calories in/calories out.
                        Every time you say that, they just revert to defending CICO as 1st Law of Thermodynamics (which doesn't say fat people are lazy and need to eat less and move around more). Classic example of hanging a strawman. Let's let this dead horse rest.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by 252dlp View Post
                          So then it's not as easy as calories in/calories out.
                          It's a bit like e=mc2... The math formula is indeed very easy, but then comes all the deductions and footnotes...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

It's a bit like e=mc2... The math formula is indeed very easy, but then comes all the deductions and footnotes...
                            Wait, isn't that what our side has been saying all along?
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Wait, isn't that what our side has been saying all along?
                              I am not sure that "your side" agrees on much, but good for them if they recognize the truth about CICO! I have even seen that some of the representative for "your side" claim stubbornly that they can "gain weight in a calorie deficit", and below 800 calories (Sic!)...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I am not sure that "your side" agrees on much, but good for them if they recognize the truth about CICO! I have even seen that some of the representative for "your side" claim stubbornly that they can "gain weight in a calorie deficit", and below 800 calories (Sic!)...
                                My side are people of the Alternative Hypothesis, not deniers of Newtonian Physics. They don't get a side. They get the same side as new earth creationists, or people who believe the earth is flat.

My side, as I've stated repeatedly (as has AdamK, Peter Attia, etc) accept CICO as a description (1st Law of Thermodynamics) not as a prescription (calling people fat, lazy liars and telling them to simply eat fewer calories and move around more).
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X