No announcement yet.

"Calories in / Calories Out" -- Please Stop the Madness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calories count but we shouldn't count them.

There are 4 laws of thermodynamics not 1. The last 2 are irrelevant. Don't forget the other KEY law.
    - Energy can neither be created or destroyed, but it can change forms.

Simplifying human biology to the likes of a steam engine is a major fallacy.

Human biology does NOT act like a balance, it acts like a sink.

-thesmarterscienceofslim.com

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      does this mean you like to argue - just for the fun of it ????????
      yeah don't mind the odd debate/arguement.

But im sure it's easy to be sympathetic to derp (and choco) i mean all they want to do is sit around drinking coffee and smoking cigs (in derps case) all day. I sure they don't sit at the computer sproutin crap on the MDA forums, i mean over a thousand posts at an average of over 4 a day, is just an accident isn't it???? someone must have hacked his acount. Surely I'm the only shit-stirrer around here.
      A little primal gem - My Success Story
      Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

• Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
        You're right, low carb dieters truly are the victim on this majority low carb message board. I don't think you realize there are only four or five people on this entire forum who routinely suggest raising one's carb intake, and it's almost universally in the context of advice to someone who's struggling. It's frustrating to watch people neglect the simplest possible solution because of an unnatural fear of glucose - a fear that's continually promoted by the greater paleo community.
        So lets use this thread as an example of your logic.

A non struggling, non advice asking MDAer, posted a thought on how eating low carbs is great and fantastic, on a low carb message board as you describe it. Shouldn't we be all standing around shaking each others hands, congratulating each other on such a wonderful post, if what you say is true. I mean those 4-5 carb warriors don't need to be here do they. but we no that isn't the case, they have their soap boxes at the ready the second someone even mentions the word carbs. Woops i just mentioned the word.
        A little primal gem - My Success Story
        Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

• Originally posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
          yeah don't mind the odd debate/arguement.
          LOVL ............... all arguments in Gwammas house are settled with an arm wrestle............... however i have been known to smack the odd butt ..................... so too much more arguing on this thread between you lot, and wrinkly old saggy baggy Gwamma might just have to sort it with some corporal punishment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
            Shouldn't we be all standing around shaking each others hands, congratulating each other on such a wonderful post, if what you say is true.
            There's been more than one thread that's been sent off into a shitstorm because Zach recommended someone try a high carb paleo diet--not a junky high carb diet--and several people jumped down his throat, even going so far as wishing him dead. This thread is just pushback against people who believe in CICO by a person who is clearly very excited about low carb because they just read Good Calories Bad Calories.

Comment

• The best macrat for me is the one that makes me stop eating. It's shifted over time but continues to be a trusty guideline.
              37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

• Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
                Still waiting for a diagram of the carb-loving circle jerk. Maybe I'll try to improvise something on my own while I'm waiting.
                Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about that?

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                all arguments in Gwammas house are settled with an arm wrestle.
                Exactly.
                Last edited by magicmerl; 04-03-2013, 08:32 PM.
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• would this do ????????

xxxxxx
                  xxOxx
                  xxxxxx

x
                  x O x
                  x

buggar - I can't make the little x's go round the circle properly !!!!!
                  Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 04-03-2013, 08:34 PM.
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
                    Still waiting for a diagram of the carb-loving circle jerk. Maybe I'll try to improvise something on my own while I'm waiting.
                    if you need a diagram, you're doing it wrong.
                    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                      Says a 15-year old boy...
                      It's the basic task of leptin created by fat cells
                      well then

Comment

• Code:
                           x

x O x

x
                        It took some work but here you go.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Hahahaha! If only it were that easy! I couldn't lose weight even when eating less than 30 g of carbs per day. I couldn't lose weight even in ketosis. Now I eat way more carbs (don't know how much--stopped counting), and I still haven't lost weight. (HAHA!! Joke's on me.) But haven't gained either. And I'm much happier now that I get to eat sweet potatoes and rice without feeling guilty.
                          Last edited by diene; 04-04-2013, 08:27 AM. Reason: Italicized the wrong word.

My journal

Comment

• Well I have no idea as to reasoning behind it all, but I do know for me that I am eating way more on this diet, but my weight keeps going down despite me trying to eat more to stop it. Lots of fat protein fruit and veg. My husband is constantly amazed how much I can eat these days, he has seen me on many diets over the years. Weight watchers I was starving all the time...... and craving. I wonder if my newly diagnosed food allergies were causing me to hold on to the weight. Our bodies are all different and finding what works for one just won't work for another. I don't track but my calories have to be a lot higher.....
                            Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                            Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                            Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

• Originally posted by serenity View Post
                              Hahahaha! If only it were that easy! I couldn't lose weight even when eating less than 30 g of carbs per day. I couldn't lose weight even in ketosis. Now I eat way more carbs (don't know how much--stopped counting), and I still haven't lost weight. (HAHA!! Joke's on me.) But haven't gained either. And I'm much happier now that I get to eat sweet potatoes and rice without feeling guilty.
                              If you can, eat the exact same things you are eating now in the exact same quantity, add in 45 mins of mid-level cardio 3 times a week and you should see results
                              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silvergirl View Post
                                Well I have no idea as to reasoning behind it all, but I do know for me that I am eating way more on this diet, but my weight keeps going down despite me trying to eat more to stop it. Lots of fat protein fruit and veg. My husband is constantly amazed how much I can eat these days, he has seen me on many diets over the years. Weight watchers I was starving all the time...... and craving. I wonder if my newly diagnosed food allergies were causing me to hold on to the weight. Our bodies are all different and finding what works for one just won't work for another. I don't track but my calories have to be a lot higher.....
                                You are eating more food volume but less calories. Whole foods are far less calorically dense than processed foods. You can eat a big steak for the same calories as a piece of cake, the calories will be mostly protein-based (superior for body composition) and you'll stay full for hours in the steak whereas the cake may make you hungrier. It's that simple.
                                Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Working...
                                X