No announcement yet.

The cons of a high protein diet? The face, skin and beauty on Primal diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find the leaner kinds to be self-limiting as well. You really know when you've had all you can stand. And honestly, I never understood this until recently, some of us really do need a lot more protein than others. I understand now that I'm chunky not just because I gain fat easily but also because I'm fairly muscular, even without a whole lot of strength. I deprived myself of protein for most of my adult life believing for a while that it was cruel, that it was not necessary and that it was fattening. I was very wrong. The RDA might say 60g is more than adequate but I'm healthier with more than that.

My skin sucks because I'm of Scandinavian origin born and raised in Southern California and I hate sunscreen.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I have no idea how much protein I need to be honest, i'm slim build but could do with gaining some more muscle, so I guess I need to eat more protein? I have quite a lot of strength though, but would like more definition

Comment

Take a healthy food do exercise every day you all fit and fine more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
          Nigella looks 15 years younger than Gillian
          It's a fact that blondes age more poorly than brunettes. <sigh> A Blonde

Comment

Dunno about that, im blonde & my hubby keeps getting ask how old his wife is (with the implication that hes a cradle robber LOL)
            Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I am one who doesn't count at all, but glancing at approx what I eat, I estimate that I eat around 80g of protein a day. Eat quite a lot of fat, but don't know how much really. I am really bad at eating veg, not fond of a lot of them and a lot cause inflammation for me. I tend to favour the starchy ones but keep the quantity limited and have rice about twice a week. If I don't have protein for a meal, I feel I haven't eaten. Bacon for breakfast every day, either pork or chicken in a small salad for lunch and a meat with dinner with something starchy.

Guess what? my facial skin is awesome, for my age very few wrinkles and never get any pimples etc. now my body skin is dry, and always has been. Had eczema and KP since I was a kid. I see improvements there, but I will never have oily skin no matter how much fat I eat. My hair is shiny, albeit totally white/silver and have a lot of it, though fine. So I am not broken and won't be changing any time soon.

I think everyone has to find what works within the primal guidelines of clean food, for them. We are all different. My body and I would be very unhappy on a low protein diet.
              Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
              Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
              Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Working...
              X