No announcement yet.

The cons of a high protein diet? The face, skin and beauty on Primal diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm suppose to know these people and their lifestyle background? Apparently I'm not up to date with the cool kids

Comment

To me Nigella looks a lot healthier, ignoring any differences in attractiveness.
      There are many other videos and pictures of them that show the same.

Nigella loves food and has a diet high in fats. Gillian advocates low fat foot and is a vegan I think.

It's not proof by any means that veganism ages quicker or high fat will keep you looking young, but it's one example, and I've seen people who also follow this trend. If anything, at the least, it shows that a low-fat non-meat diet is not going to make you age slower, or that high fat/protein/meat diets are going to make you age faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
        I regularly have a minute steak (grass fed beef but you could do other meats) and two eggs for breakfast, takes about two minutes to cook, add some good fats (grass fed butter for me) during and after cooking

delicious nutritious brekkie done in minutes, can do the same with fish but I never do

just saying, you can have a proper brekkie at home if you want
        Yeah. I'd find it much easier to cook/eat breakfast at home, since that's where the best facilities are.

You don't need to take fat by the spoonful (although my wife take 1t of coconut oil in the morning and it helps her energy levels and mood during the day). Just use it as the cooking substrate of your meals.

When you say you don't have enough time in the mornings, that sounds unpossible. Perhaps you aren't getting up early enough? Or going to bed early enough/getting enough sleep?

You should make time for the things which are a priority for you.
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

yup, make sure you have the food in the house, get up 10 minutes earlier, cook and eat breakfast, don't have to eat yoghurt at work = much better health wise

also eating within half hour of waking helps switch from 'night time mode' to 'day time mode' much faster - you will perform better especially if you have some coconut fats too - brain food

Comment

i've never seen that gillian lady. she looks at poo? lol, what kind of job is that? anyway, she just looks botoxed. blech.
            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

i was actually thinking of rachel zoe. she's only 41:

rachelzoe(4).jpg
              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

she calls herself an'holistic nutritional therapist', she recommends very low fat, vegan food pretty much, did a tv show where she took junk food junkies and made them eat goji berries and smoothies for a few months and bingo they lost weight... she's Scottish, suffered polio as a child, not too pleasant holier than thou attitude and fat is the devil

Nigella is a domestic goddess from the Ruling Classes - dad was Chancellor of the Exchequer under Thatcher, now Lord Lawson - famous TV cook shows how you CAN have it all type

Comment

of all the non-chefs with cooking shows, i don't mind nigella. she loves to cook and she loves to eat!

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Excess protein isn't good. Especially the amounts people like cordain recommend.
                    Aminos like methionine are high in muscle meat and eggs and are not good for aging. Plant compounds like lycopene and other antioxidants are great for skin health.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
                      Nigella is a domestic goddess from the Ruling Classes - dad was Chancellor of the Exchequer under Thatcher, now Lord Lawson - famous TV cook shows how you CAN have it all type
                      Yes, you can have it all if you inherit.
                      Last edited by anna5; 04-02-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                        Excess protein isn't good. Especially the amounts people like cordain recommend.
                        Aminos like methionine are high in muscle meat and eggs and are not good for aging. Plant compounds like lycopene and other antioxidants are great for skin health.
                        Excess of anything isn't good. Not so long ago, bok choy sent a woman into coma.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                          nobody here is recommending "excess" protein, lol.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Allenete View Post
                            I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here:Meet Gillian McKeith - YouTube

Nigella Lawson on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 2 - YouTube

These women are both the same age ...
                            the video of Nigella was uploaded a few months ago, while Gillian's video was uploaded 2 years ago.

The comparison of these 2 women has been criticised, but it's not the only such example I can think of.
                            This isn't a fair comparison - they had a different start in life.

Comment

Everyone has a different start in life

Comment

On this post Protein for Athletes | Perfect Health Diet

He writes:
                                What about toxicity?

We deal with this in our book (p 25). At a protein intake of 230 g/day (920 calories), the body’s ability to convert ammonia to urea is saturated. [3] This means the nitrogen from every additional gram of protein lingers in the body as ammonia, a toxin.

Clearly marginal dietary protein is toxic, via ammonia poisoning, at this intake level. A reasonable estimate for where toxicity begins is between 150 to 200 g/day.
                                There is also a chart for people who like charts plus some commentary about regular people vs. athletes. Anyway, takes a lot of protein to get into trouble. Are YOU eating nearly 1000 calories a day of protein every day? I don't think I could even if I tried and I eat meat at almost every meal.

I wouldn't change your diet just because other people say eat MOAR fat or eat meat for breakfast just because other people do. Sheep's milk yogurt is pretty high in protein anyway and it's delicious. If your diet works for you, keep on keeping on.
                                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X