X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    indeed

so why the 1300 cals? seems low
    I'm a little tentative to eat more than that because at the moment I'm a full-time student in addition to working 30 hours per week, so I don't have much time for exercise aside from walking...

Comment

While there's nothing wrong with increasing fitness, I wouldn't over-inflate the effectiveness of exercise as a calorie burning tool, and therefore I wouldn't overly restrict calories to compensate for not doing regimented exercise. Just living normally consumes a lot of calories, a "normal" workout routine burns very few in comparison.

And with you a full time student and putting in an almost full work-week, you're clearly living.

Comment

Originally posted by ForgotMyOldUsername View Post
        I'm a little tentative to eat more than that because at the moment I'm a full-time student in addition to working 30 hours per week, so I don't have much time for exercise aside from walking...
        if you do not wish to lose weight, gradually increase calories and monitor to see if you gain weight

by eating an optimum quantity of nutritious food you will get most health benefit, 1300 is likely to leave you under nourished

Try 1500 for two weeks and see what happens, monitor how you feel and perform and check your weight. If you have not gained, try 1800 for two weeks and monitor again. At that stage you should be nearly fully nourished. Ideally 2000 plus some good movement (go out for a nice walk in the evening when you are on break, 30 mins will be fine - everyone has 30 mins especially students)

1300 is too low. Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
          if you do not wish to lose weight, gradually increase calories and monitor to see if you gain weight

by eating an optimum quantity of nutritious food you will get most health benefit, 1300 is likely to leave you under nourished

Try 1500 for two weeks and see what happens, monitor how you feel and perform and check your weight. If you have not gained, try 1800 for two weeks and monitor again. At that stage you should be nearly fully nourished. Ideally 2000 plus some good movement (go out for a nice walk in the evening when you are on break, 30 mins will be fine - everyone has 30 mins especially students)

1300 is too low. Best of luck
          Thanks for the input. I'll try it out and see what happens.

Comment

Cream is higher in myristic acid and lower in stearic acid than beef fat. Certain people can have markers worsen switching to diary fats.
            Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 04-02-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
              Cream is higher in myristic acid and lower in stearic acid than beef fat. Certain people can have markers worsen switching to diary fats.
              by markers, do you mean cholesterol? fat gain? acne?

Comment

this generally refers to cw markers, like cholesterol counts. meh.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

yeah, health markers in general. Inflammation, cholesterol, skin issues, fatigue, etc

Comment

I'm actually quite lean as it is -- 25 year old female, 5'9, 130 lbs, so I'm not looking to lose... just maintain with minimal effort
                    I get really frustrated reading about people who say dairy is inherently fat-promoting. I just see it as another food... a collection of fats and proteins that can fit into anyone's goals (provided no lactose-intolerance).
                    Agreed. I wish someone would do an all-dairy, calorie-controlled experiment to get the definitive answer on this (maybe I'll do it this summer)

Comment

Commentary: Grass is Good – How milk from grass-fed cows can make you healthier College Green
                      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                      X