Gotta quit doing this crap.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta quit doing this crap.

Eating super clean for half the week, then eating super shitty for the weekend. Makes Mondays hell. And Tuesdays.
    boom.

+1

We gotta start a support thread or something........

Julie

Comment

Yup

Comment

Mark's article from 3/28 really spoke to me. He discusses having health integrity. I have been bad about wanting this, eating that etc. The reality is, I am only sabotaging myself. Also, I subscribe to blog [URL="http://www.andreahansoncoaching.com"] She recently updated her free Ebook regarding Self Sabotage. I figure, two people calling me out in 2 days. I need to listen.

A support group is a great idea.
        Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
        Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by pk79 View Post
          Eating super clean for half the week, then eating super shitty for the weekend. Makes Mondays hell. And Tuesdays.
          This is normal and we've all gone through it. The reality is that if you can get through one weekend without cheating you're a little bit stronger. If you can double down on that by getting through the following weekend, you increase that strength again. It's a snowball and you have to keep it rolling at all costs. And soon enough you find that it's easy to stay on track.
          Rebooted Body -- Ancestral Health + Modern Psychology | The Rebooted Body Podcast

Comment

I think a support group/post is a great idea.

It's important to understand that failure is a part of the game. There are going to be times that you cave in to the temptations, this is normal. You just have to make it minimal and don't allow it to become habit.

Jake
            My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

I'm guilty of letting loose on the weekends too. I'm on board with the support thread idea... Gotta put my health first.

Comment

Weekend...talk about Spring Break... +3 pounds :'(

Comment

Put your mind in the mindset you are at the beginning of the week. Think about what you're telling yourself. Now put your mind in the mindset you are when you start telling yourself it's okay, that each piece of junk you eat doesn't count, or whatever it is that you're thinking. And repeat to yourself the things you are saying at the beginning of the week.

Comment

I'm not a fan of 80/20. Recognizing the 20% as food, and therefore eating it occasionally, just creates a constant battle. Food is available in the environment, but you are attempting not to eat it. I don't view the 20% as even being food, and never eat it.

It's easier because there is no constant decision making/choice involved, you just don't eat it. No more than you would eat say...poop, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                      I'm not a fan of 80/20. Recognizing the 20% as food, and therefore eating it occasionally, just creates a constant battle. Food is available in the environment, but you are attempting not to eat it. I don't view the 20% as even being food, and never eat it.

It's easier because there is no constant decision making/choice involved, you just don't eat it. No more than you would eat say...poop, for example.
                      This.

Hit the nail on the head.
                      Rebooted Body -- Ancestral Health + Modern Psychology | The Rebooted Body Podcast

Comment

How long did it take you to break the 80/20 rule. Im in week two and im struggling.... my head is doing back flips, just had easter (that was a battle) i seem to get through to Friday night then BOOM.... I don't go for it all weekend but i do enjoy sitting back having a couple of vodkas (sugar free lemondade, sugar free lime) with my hubby, the downside to this is the sugar cravings start to go.
                        If i have dark chocolate in the house, i tend to eat half if not all the bar... and its not the body wanting it...its the head!!!
                        How do you stay on track with family/friends occasions?
                        I have been on diets for years and yo yo'd worst was after my body building stint for 2 years, the body did not like that and took about 4 yrs to recover. My head alot longer..... this is the first time i have not itched or bloated for years, however its the head that is doing the damage....

Comment

This makes me think of an interesting thing I read in Gary Taubes' book.

He said when you even start THINKING about a high carb meal the body starts secreting insulin, and insulin makes you fat. Therefore just thinking about chocolate makes you fat. LOL, may as well eat it at that point! Hence why in my view 80/20 is more work than 100.

For me I decided on Jan1 that I would not eat a grain of rice (I live in Asia), a piece of bread, a drop of milk, a grain of sugar, for all of 2013. So that was that, those just aren't foods now. And let me say, not eating rice in Asia requires some thought/planning.

A few tips: don't ever bring anything into the house that isn't paelo food. Even if you allow certain foods like a chocolate bar don't bring more than one into the house at a time. If you go somewhere already have a plan of what you are going to eat before going out, or eat before you go. Bring a bag of almonds on the airplane, etc. In my experience not having a plan means ending up eating what's available. Eating what's available in many environments means eating pure garbage. Also keep lots of satisfying high-fat foods you enjoy in the house; like chicken fried in butter with a sweet potato or whatever you dig...so there are things you CAN eat instead of focusing on what you can't.

It is really easy once you get the swing of it.

Comment

Originally posted by pk79 View Post
                            I do the same sometimes. I'll keep it primal all week, then maybe friday afternoon, and saturday I'll throw down on some pizza, or some starchy shit like potatoes. I get 2-3 hard workouts a week though so it usually doesn't manifest as bodyfat. My colon sure hates me for a day or two though

Comment

All or nothing is a good strategy for quitting a lot of things. I do allow myself a serving of pasta or bread one day a week. A serving as in about 200 calories. So far it hasn't led to any binges. And amazingly, I haven't had a po'boy in about two months.

Clear spirits are my weakness. If they weren't such a life destroyer, I'd stay hammered always.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                              X