No announcement yet.

Advice about statins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been fending off statins since I was 20-something years old. I'm almost 50 now and continue to fend off my doctor's threats to put me on statins. So far he's gone with my wishes. Just tell him you think you want to fix it with diet.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Okay my test results came in today. Come to find out they did not test any inflammatory markers what-so-ever! *sigh*

Cholesterol-228
      HDL-34
      non-HDL-194
      Chol/HDL ratio-6.7
      LDL calculated-168
      triglycerides-128

Other:
      TSH-3.20
      T4, Free-1.2
      Testosterone-60.0 (didn't even order free testosterone level....freaking useless!)

Grr! Anyway, if those mean anything to you guys....

Comment

as posted before, there is no proof "high" cholesterol causes heart disease. 1/2 of all those suffering heart attacks have "normal" cholesterol numbers.

there is growing evidence that as women age we benefit from higher cholesterol.

there is mounting evidence that women who do NOT have cvd, but take statins, suffer serious consequences: diabetes, strokes, dementia.

you can do your own googling, but high cholesterol is NOT a disease. why are people taking a pill for it?

it's your health, your body. if i were you, i would not take them.
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

LOL. You guys do know you don't have to "fend off" your doctor. Or reply to "threats" that they are gonna put you on statins right? You can simply say no. It's your body.

Comment

I talked my girlfriend into stopping the statins. After a year on them she was told she was pre-diabetic. I showed her an article on how statins cause diabetes. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by s-piper View Post
              Okay my test results came in today. Come to find out they did not test any inflammatory markers what-so-ever! *sigh*

Cholesterol-228
              HDL-34
              non-HDL-194
              Chol/HDL ratio-6.7
              LDL calculated-168
              triglycerides-128

Other:
              TSH-3.20
              T4, Free-1.2
              Testosterone-60.0 (didn't even order free testosterone level....freaking useless!)

Grr! Anyway, if those mean anything to you guys....
              Your HDL is low. It should rise if you stick with a primal diet. A few tips is to be fairly strict, especially in respect of sugar, grains and vegetable oils. I wouldn't restrict dairy unless you are allergic. And eat fatty meats. The saturated fats will improve the HDL
              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Working...
              X