No announcement yet.

Help me kick this COLD!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zinc, oregano oil (in capsule formula), enrgy C brand vitamin C, elderberry syrup
    Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

Comment

Oh man.

I'm in worse shape today. Starting to cough up icky yellow stuff.

I see my doctor tomorrow.

UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH I SO DO NOT WANT TO GO ON ANTIBIOTICS!!!
      A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

If you don't want the antibiotics I would wait it out for a week and see where you stand. These things are viral the majority of the time anyhow and must run their course. Usually you will be on the mend in 7-10 days. If you are not getting any better by then I would consider the Dr. route. Thats how I do it anyhow.... and I haven't used antibiotics in over 20 years. We do this with my kids too (5 and 3) and neither of them have ever had antibiotics.
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-02-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Colds are mostly the rhinovirus. Antibiotics only work on bacterial infections, not viruses. Antibiotics would do you no good and would trash your 'good" bacteria in the process.

Drink more tea. Not talking about cups here. I'm talking about pots of the stuff.

Comment

I just started using Immunolin. Supposedly people use it when they are either coming down with something or it's already full blown and it's gone instantly. I've only been using it a few days (to support my immune system for a different issue) so I can't personally vouch for it, but maybe you'd be interested in checking it out. I ordered it from amazon, and this is the link to the website:

Immunolin / Natural Immunolin Supplements / Immunolin immunoglobulin Supplements

Comment

I'm venturing deep into Traditional Chinese Medicine now, and it seems to be sort of working for me. I have emotional issues with chocolate and coffee with cream, so my overall health is okay, while not great. When I find that I get slightly sick with noticeable phlegmy stuff, though, I start eating more bitter vegetables, cooked fruits, fresh fish, and lots of ginger and scallions. It helps a lot.

Also, fermented stuff just worsens phlegm. Just a thought.
              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                Also, fermented stuff just worsens phlegm. Just a thought.
                I wonder why that is, but I have noticed that when I eat sauerkraut. The response is so instantaneous that it sometimes gags me!
                Depression Lies

Comment

I have a prescription for antibiotics, but doc says to wait and see if it actually gets a lot worse. If not, ride it out.

So pretty well what Neckhammer wrote
                  A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Working...
                  X