No announcement yet.

ketosis = oxidized lipoproteins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paleobird: Sure, no problem. It will be downloaded as a PDF, so how do you want me to get it to you?

Comment

Originally posted by s-piper View Post
      Paleobird: Sure, no problem. It will be downloaded as a PDF, so how do you want me to get it to you?
      I will PM info.

Comment

Lumifer: I have access to scientific journals for free. If you really want to read the paper, I'll get it for you but otherwise I'm not going to waste my time downloading it.
        Thank you for the offer, I'm fine with the abstract.

...solid proof that ketosis prevents AD will be very hard to get
        Yep, pretty much impossible, unless you can get there through biochemistry -- it is very interesting that ApoE4 version confers propensity to AD *and* affects lipid metabolism...

Yeah, Nora's claims are exaggerated but so are Mark's, and Robb Wolf's, and every person who's written a nutrition book for lay audeiences.
        The Jaminets are pretty good in this regard, for example. Alternatively, the solution is not to read books written for lay audiences :-) Though bushwacking through PubMed isn't for those easily confused :-D

Especially the part you highlighed about labels like 'natural' and 'organic' being useless. I mean...they pretty much are.
        I didn't highlight that part. But yeah, they are, and I don't need to read a book to figure this out. I don't buy or eat organic and that's generally met with a mixture of pity and outrage in the paleo/primal/LC circles :-D

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          How can Americans be really obsessed with science, when most of them can't convert a fraction to a decimal? Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a snob, but really, without basic math skills, you're flying blind.
          LOL exactly, that's what makes them so dangerous.

Comment

Working...
          X