No announcement yet.

Some vegans are extreme nut jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should see what Primal people do to someone who goes vegan. Golly.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpycakes View Post
      You should see what Primal people do to someone who goes vegan. Golly.
      What do they do---tell people they are immoral and going to hell because they eat cereal? Like I said, with a lot of vegans, it's a matter of morality, not just nutrition. Nothing makes a person feel as bad as those who think they are a degenerate for eating meat. It's like they think you buy puppies at a pet store just to take them home and bake them in the oven for dinner.

Comment

I went to a concert once and there were a large group of PETA vegans in the lobby with signs that read "Meat is Murder!" They almost attacked people as they left the concert, waving their signs in people's faces and almost hitting me with one. It was really scary. The funny thing is that I was vegan at the time myself, but they were yelling and screaming at me and
        I didn't even have a chance to tell them. I've seen a lot of crazy fans at concerts, but nothing like the PETA vegans I encountered.
        People who go protest at events are well, generally less rational. Like every event down here there is a Christian letting me know I sin and need to repent in an irrational method.

There are a ton of vegans out there that just enjoy their tempeh. But then you have activist types.... and well, in general activists are assholes, no matter what the cause. I mean, there are probably people here that get all assholeish when they see someone eating McDonalds.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Starting in the 90's, I was a vegan for 9 years, then a raw vegan for 3 years. I thought it would make me thin. Ha! I didn't eat flour, sugar or honey for those years, so I honestly think it was a way to still get those sugar rushes from eating fruit. Is a watermelon 1 serving?

I've since discovered that meat makes me thin. I don't think I could ever give up bacon again.

I never cared what others ate because I didn't do it for moral reasons. Anyone who thinks their way of eating is the only way tends to carry around their soapbox. It must tire them as much as it does the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Kochin View Post
            A safer way of putting it is "Stereotypes exist because they're true of the loudest members of a group." Not true of all or even the majority; it just happens that the mad minority of ANY group are the ones who speak at press conferences. ;p
            Well, wrong again. There are of course all sorts of stereotypes and most don't have anything to do with decibels and some were totally artificially created. Many things were artificially created by our not so perfect minds.

Comment

Have any of you ever had the vegan cheesecake? I admit I have a weakness for it. It's really very good. I like it better than real cheesecake.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                Have any of you ever had the vegan cheesecake? I admit I have a weakness for it. It's really very good. I like it better than real cheesecake.
                And there is the voice of reason:-)
                Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                  Gee, I don't know...Anna?

Comment

Was vegan for 8 years. Definitely felt backlash. Already knew most of them were militamt agressive types anyways- one of the things that made me leave...
                    ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
                    24 year old female
                    Current: Always between 115 and 119.
                    Goal: Get ripped.
                    My Journal

Comment

Working...
                    X