Bread and The Bible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    I'm an atheist and as soon as proof of some "God" is put forth by those claiming there is one my mind will be all kinds of open. Until then I will continue to not believe in the existence of any imaginary being including the Easter bunny, Santa Claus, Vishnu, or the Judeo Christian version of God.
    Can you prove "God" doesn't exist?

What is "God", anyway?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      to admit that Omnipotent Sky Gods are ridiculous postulations made by people far less technologically and scientifically advanced than we are is somehow akin to saying you practice bestiality.
      Is Science the only thing worth measuring in life?
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Gotta call you on the terminology there, Derp. When the "a" prefix is in front of a word, it just means "without", e.g. asymptomatic or acellular. Someone who is asymptomatic is not militantly and vehemently opposed to symptoms, they just don't have any.

Atheism is just living your life *without* theism i.e. without a belief in god/gods. It does not imply opposition to anything, just the absence of it.
        You're right about the "a" - that comes from Sanskrit.

However, Atheism has changed drastically from it's origins and most people don't practice traditional Atheism, the same way that Christianity has morphed throughout the ages (I consider Atheism a religion). You know that Christianity used to be Monist (as opposed to Monotheist)?

The belief system of a religion comes down to the interpretations of those leading it.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          Science doesn't explain shit, and if you think that science isn't equally if not more convoluted as religion to manipulate the agenda of a few people you're not being logical at all. I have a problem with zealots, and this is where all atheists fall in, except even more absurd because they're a walking,
          breathing contradiction(actively preaching and believing in nothing uh what?)

The only logical thing you can do is to keep an open mind to all things and find the answers yourself. Unfortunately, in this lifetime, this isn't possible, if it ever will be.

The bible itself is actually a very fascinating story, and many good morals can be taken from it if you're not looking at it through the eyes of someone brainwashed.
          Well said!

Comment

[QUOTE=YogaBare;1142255]Can you prove "God" doesn't exist?

Can you prove unicorns and fairies don't exist?
            The burden of proof lies upon the one making the claim of a magical creature's existence. Show me a book describing unicorns in detail and I'm going to question the sanity of the author. Show me the fossilized remains of a unicorn and I will change my mind and accept that they once existed.

Comment

[QUOTE=Geeknik;1142267]
              Originally posted by YogaBare View Post

The burden of proof lies upon the one making the claim of a magical creature's existence. Show me a book describing unicorns in detail and I'm going to question the sanity of the author. Show me the fossilized remains of a unicorn and I will change my mind and accept that they once existed.
              Go ask North Korea if you can take a look at theirs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Geeknik;1142267]

I'll repeat the second question: What is "God"?

Is your definition of "God": a unicorn?

- Ray Peat

Comment

Let me google that for you
                  No. I don't believe in god. Doesn't matter to me if others believe in god but it does matter to me when others try to push religion rather than science, when public policy is dictated by people's religious text which is downright barbaric if you ever bother to read it...

Comment

Originally posted by Geeknik View Post
                    Let me google that for you
                    No. I don't believe in god. Doesn't matter to me if others believe in god but it does matter to me when others try to push religion rather than science, when public policy is dictated by people's religious text which is downright barbaric if you ever bother to read it...
                    god
                    /gäd/
                    Noun
                    (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the Supreme...

You know there's a whole universe outside monotheism?

For some people the word "GOD" doesn't include it.
                    Last edited by YogaBare; 03-29-2013, 05:17 PM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Atheism has changed drastically from it's origins and most people don't practice traditional Atheism, the same way that Christianity has morphed throughout the ages (I consider Atheism a religion).

The belief system of a religion comes down to the interpretations of those leading it.
                      Um, no. Just because some individuals might be militant about it, doesn't change the meaning of the word.

I personally am an atheist. It is not a religion. I do not follow any "leaders". There is no atheist organization or movement. I just live my life with my way of thinking.

You are projecting something on to atheism that is just not there for most of the people who think this way.

Comment

You know there's a whole universe outside monotheism?

For some people the word "GOD" doesn't include it.
                        Yes there is and I don't think any of their gods or deities exist either.

Comment

Well said

Originally posted by goraham View Post
                          Wow. Someone asks a perfectly legitimate question and instead of answering it people feel the need to belittle his beliefs. Today is Good Friday, and whether or not you choose to believe or accept it Jesus Christ willing went to the cross to pay the debt for our sins. I for one am thankful and appreciative.

Comment

I don't think these forums are a good place for religious discussions.
                            Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Comment

I know I'm jumping in here in the middle of a discussion, and since I didn't read the whole thing, I don't know if this has been posted, but here is a serious, thought-provoking article having to do with original question at the beginning of this thread:
                              Does the Bible Say We Should Eat Grains? - Wellness Mama
                              Ruth

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Antiochia View Post
                                I know I'm jumping in here in the middle of a discussion, and since I didn't read the whole thing, I don't know if this has been posted, but here is a serious, thought-provoking article having to do with original question at the beginning of this thread:
                                Does the Bible Say We Should Eat Grains? - Wellness Mama
                                What an interesting link. Answers the question posed originally quite well I'd say

Comment

Working...
                                X