No announcement yet.

Bread and The Bible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact is that it is impossible to distinguish the difference between "God spoke to me in a dream" and "I dreamt God spoke to me."

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
      The fact is that it is impossible to distinguish the difference between "God spoke to me in a dream" and "I dreamt God spoke to me."
      But we can evaluate the differential probabilities...
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Slate View Post
        These were done by fallible humans .
        God was created by man, not the other way around.

Comment

I thought the purpose of Communion (bread/body, blood/wine) was always meant as a ritual for Christ's followers to remember the ultimate sacrifice Christ made for them. Who'd a thunk Jesus was pushing Monsanto wheat and HFCS?
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
            or maybe the virgin birth of Anakin Skywalker will become the new catholic religion.
            what was jesus' midichlorian count? lower than his cholesterol numbers i bet.
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Local churches are filled with hypocrites whose desire is to impress people that they don't know nor care about. I've found personally that religion is used to mask hypocrisy in family matters.

I'm not a fan of organized religion.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                I thought the purpose of Communion (bread/body, blood/wine) was always meant as a ritual for Christ's followers to remember the ultimate sacrifice Christ made for them.
                Bread and wine are the old sacraments for the followers of Christ - in the new pact, the followers of Grok are using Bulletproof Coffee and Bacon as their holy sacraments…
                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                  Bread and wine are the old sacraments for the followers of Christ - in the new pact, the followers of Grok are using Bulletproof Coffee and Bacon as their holy sacraments…
                  The man who finds a successful way to combine these gifts from the gods will be crowned the next paleo messiah!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Slate View Post
                    Yes you are correct. The Bible authors were inspired by God, paintings were not inspired.
                    Says who?

Comment

people who have never painted
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Wow. Someone asks a perfectly legitimate question and instead of answering it people feel the need to belittle his beliefs. Today is Good Friday, and whether or not you choose to believe or accept it Jesus Christ willing went to the cross to pay the debt for our sins. I for one am thankful and appreciative.

Comment

Originally posted by goraham View Post
                          Wow. Someone asks a perfectly legitimate question and instead of answering it people feel the need to belittle his beliefs. Today is Good Friday, and whether or not you choose to believe or accept it Jesus Christ willing went to the cross to pay the debt for our sins. I for one am thankful and appreciative.
                          Today is a religious holiday in one of many thousands of religions that have ever existed. Those who belong to some of that particular group of sects celebrate it. Those who do not have the right to their own preferences. People who sign up for this site in order to push religion on those who don't believe don't have much credibility. I am neither "thankful" nor "grateful" that you have decided to come here to push religion on a site that is not about religion.

Comment

Today is Good Friday, and whether or not you choose to believe or accept it Jesus Christ willing went to the cross to pay the debt for our sins. I for one am thankful and appreciative.
                            The original question was about adjusting our science-based approach around a fantasy. It deserved to be belittled.

Believe what you want, but to suggest that those who look to things like logic and evidence to influence our decisions are misguided is not worthy of reverence or tolerance.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

whether or not you choose to believe or accept it Jesus Christ willing went to the cross to pay the debt for our sins. I for one am thankful and appreciative.
                              That's what YOU believe. Others believe otherwise. Myself, I believe in science, evolution and what there is physical proof of. But that's for another forum, not a diet forum. People have the right to believe in whatever gods, legendary creatures or imaginary friends they so choose (people can believe Elvis lives for all I care) so long as they don't try to push others to believe as they do.

Comment

Can you be a Christian and follow the paleolithic diet? Doesn't one disprove the other?

Comment

Working...
                                X