8 eggs a day. Too much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 eggs a day. Too much?

Bread; dough; wheat; cereal; oats; used to be the staple of my diet. Eggs are now my basic food; and I find I'm eating 4 for breakfast; and perhaps another 4 for dinner. Up to 8 a day. Feeling great; and of course love eggs.
    Still spooked about taking in that much cholesterol; these fears are burned deep into my psyche. Do I have anything to worry about? (Lost a ton of weight on Paleo...)

[Yep; cage free eggs; varied diet; lots of greens; veggies.....olives bell peppers fish fish fish; salmon; sardines; almonds, walnuts]
    Last edited by zebonaut; 03-27-2013, 12:42 PM.

We have been made afraid by portion sizes.
    Your body will tell you when you've ha nough of healthy food
    well then

Comment

Provided you still have a varied diet, I doubt you can eat too many eggs.
      http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

I stumbled upon this article yesterday and it mirrors some of the advice in the Primal Blueprint:
        Nutrition Debate: Are Eggs Good For You? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Comment

Cholesterol in food does not translate to high cholesterol. It's the trans fats you gotta watch out for. Enjoy your eggs.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Hyperlipid: How many eggs per day?

Comment

The more you eat, the more you need to make sure they're quality sourced.

If you're eating eggs from chickens who live outdoors, eat bugs, and aren't fed soy and corn then you should eat them to satiety. If you're eating conventional eggs, you may want to limit intake somewhat.
              Rebooted Body -- Ancestral Health + Modern Psychology | The Rebooted Body Podcast

Comment

^^ this^^.

are you consuming other protein foods though?

i eat eggs almost everyday, but fish, meat and offal too.
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Don't worry about eggs raising your cholesterol. However, if you're not careful, eating eggs EVERY day can lead to an egg sensitivity. Try switching them out with other protein sources every few days.

Comment

Something similar to above question, my body is struggeling to ge used to adding the amount of fat (only once a day at this stage - dinner olive oil or butter), would it be wise to up my amount of protein (like eggs with yolks/chicken with skin/Salmon - do not eat meat since I was 12 years old - 33 now) and then slowly add more fat (were on very lean/low protein diet, low carb/No fat diet for about 4 years) My metabolism feels screwed up - feel so much better eating Primal, but I'm gaining weight instead of losing my last 20lbs...
                    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
                    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
                    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
                    GW: 130lbs

Comment

fuck that.

I eat 8 to 10 a day on average. and UH OH they are from Kroger and not from the mythical land of grass fed free range whatever other label you want to put on them chickens. OH THE HUMANITY!

Comment

Don't worry, be happy with your 8 eggs! I have been eating more than 20 per day in periods, and I am still alive and well...
                        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                          Something similar to above question, my body is struggeling to ge used to adding the amount of fat (only once a day at this stage - dinner olive oil or butter), would it be wise to up my amount of protein (like eggs with yolks/chicken with skin/Salmon - do not eat meat since I was 12 years old - 33 now) and then slowly add more fat (were on very lean/low protein diet, low carb/No fat diet for about 4 years) My metabolism feels screwed up - feel so much better eating Primal, but I'm gaining weight instead of losing my last 20lbs...
                          i do better with naturally fatty foods, instead of drowning stuff in oil. however pureed veggies, like cauliflower and broccoli, are GREAT vehicles for butter. just whizz 'em up in the food pro.
                          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Thanks for al the answers; support ; ... I grew up in the 70's and studiously followed the "science" of the time. Its amazing how ingrained it becomes in your head. "AHA recommendation to never exceed 200mg of cholesterol daily" had me scared sh**tless for years of ever consuming an egg. So I ate wheat cereals; bagels; toast, carb, oats instead; and bloated up like Rush Limbaugh. Never mind the years of IBS.

Comment

My mother was such a nutrition whacko it somehow immunized me against dietary conventional wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                              X