No announcement yet.

Dr. Greger's YouTube Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course I don't 'know'. But I can make my best educated guess based on observation, my readings, and research. His mom died of diabetes.

He had a very carb heavy diet. So did I. Since going Primal in less than a year I am down close to 100lbs now. Clearly our family genetics is insulin resistance.

Also he lived with us in 2013. His dementia is too bad now for us to handle. With our eating he went from 230 to 180 in that time.

Does Gerger 'know' his claims? Or does his vegan fanaticism lead his research rather than scientific method?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Welcome to the forum, curiouscavegirl!

M.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry_nAustin View Post
        Of course I don't 'know'. But I can make my best educated guess based on observation, my readings, and research. His mom died of diabetes.

He had a very carb heavy diet. So did I. Since going Primal in less than a year I am down close to 100lbs now. Clearly our family genetics is insulin resistance.

Also he lived with us in 2013. His dementia is too bad now for us to handle. With our eating he went from 230 to 180 in that time.

Does Gerger 'know' his claims? Or does his vegan fanaticism lead his research rather than scientific method?

Wouldn't you think genetics had more to do with your uncle's diabetes than his carb consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Artbuc View Post
          Wouldn't you think genetics had more to do with your uncle's diabetes than his carb consumption.
          Only if it was Type I. Otherwise we fall back to predispositions that never need manifest.

Comment

That is a very important question and gets to the heart of a lot. Genetics play a key role. BUT even though many of us have the potential to become diabetic the key to whether we do or not is diet. Gerger would likely agree with this. My LCHF will keep my potential at bay indefinitely.

I think I understand Gerger more now. Did you watch the first JJ Abrams Star Trek? Spock became too emotionally compromised to be captain? Gerger is a fanatic and it impacts his 'science' tremendously. His perceived individual morals become more important than fact.

Comment

Working...
            X