No announcement yet.

wild hog as predominant meat source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I have been primal for 18 months and I have spent the last couple of months trying to tweak my diet. I have lost 103 pounds and am trying to lose that last ten. So close. Lol but I would hate to have to give up the pig...

Comment

Originally posted by leighlu View Post
      Thanks. I have been primal for 18 months and I have spent the last couple of months trying to tweak my diet. I have lost 103 pounds and am trying to lose that last ten. So close. Lol but I would hate to have to give up the pig...
      Wow. Great progress. Congrats. I think we should have PrimalCon at your place next year and include a boar hunt as one of the activities. Followed by the boar roast of course.

Comment

Must...not...get...envious.....

Oooh you have to look up some good charcuterie!

Comment

Wow! Congratulations Leighlu! That is amazing! I would love to hear your story one day I agree w/ PB..primal con w/ a boar hunt sounds perfect!
          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

I too am a hunter, but have never been on a wild hog hunt. Hopefully one of these days I can go! I live in Kentucky and mainly hunt deer, turkey, doves, ducks/geese. All good eating, but I would have to say wild pig is one of the best tasting "game" animals I have ever eaten!! I had some ribs, and a pork chop off of a wild pig, and it was amazing!!

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Sign me up for the primal con boar hunt! Mattp1803, we need to work out a trade. Valmason, I keep thinking I should get my story together, but so busy. Sigh. Thanks Paleobird, I must say you inspired me. I don,t post much, but rest assured I spent a lot of time taking it all in. Monkeygirl, it will happen. I have spent my whole life on a diet, only to finally figure it out.

Comment

sorry to get on someone elses thread

but I can get and endless supply of wild rabbits shot by a local farmer out in rural Norfolk and quite a lot of wild game birds

can I eat these at will

Comment

OMG, you people keep winning the lottery.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I live in the sticks dude

Comment

Originally posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
                      I can get and endless supply of wild rabbits shot by a local farmer out in rural Norfolk and quite a lot of wild game birds
                      can I eat these at will
                      Yes, just be sure to include enough good fat in however you cook them since they can be quite lean on their own. You should google "rabbit starvation".

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                      OMG, you people keep winning the lottery.
                      I know. It's not fair. Those of us in the big cities pay good money for rabbits, game birds, and wild boar.

Comment

hey thanks

I add fat to everything I eat, meat veggies, even fruit or berries

grass fed butter, cream, olive oil, walnut oil etc

I will get on and eat it then

Comment

I don't hunt. I want to. Just can't find anyone to teach me. But if I did wild hogs would be on my list!
                          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                          height 5'3
                          SW 215 lbs
                          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                          LW 172 lbs
                          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Clean living Knifegill, clean living. Lol, I am fully aware of how lucky I am. Here's hoping she marries him.

Comment

A big question to me is why isn't wild boar more prevelant. These things are overruning parts of the country.

Comment

You know a hunter? That's actually pretty nice, you are so lucky to have someone share experiences with you about hunting. Consider yourself very lucky

Comment

Working...
                                X