What do you brush your teeth with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you brush your teeth with?

Just curious what people brush their teeth with, i was told stay away from all the commercial tooth paste

Tom's natural flouride free something when I feel the need. Otherwise, just some coconut oil. You can always use baking soda & water though. But if I eat clean, I feel like there's less need for real toothpaste and that the mechanical action of the brushing is the important part.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

i use tom's flouride free sometimes. right now i'm working through a tube of trader joe's flouride free flavored with fennel. like rich said, though, eating clean is most important. i only brush my teeth to keep them looking clean.
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Tom's for me, too. I also use natural mouthwash (Jason, and sometimes The Natural Dentist) and gum. I've been looking into a few natural teeth whitening solutions, but haven't had much luck.

Comment

Toothpaste.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by tarek View Post
            Tom's for me, too. I also use natural mouthwash (Jason, and sometimes The Natural Dentist) and gum. I've been looking into a few natural teeth whitening solutions, but haven't had much luck.
            If you brush with baking soda, it will whiten your teeth. People are always asking me if I have my teeth professionaly whiten.
            Loving my primal life

Comment

Baking soda brushing and rinsing with hydrogen peroxide works pretty well for whitening.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore374 View Post
                Baking soda brushing and rinsing with hydrogen peroxide works pretty well for whitening.
                I moisten baking soda into a paste with hydrogen peroxide and use that.

Comment

A toothbrush?

In all seriousness, Arm&Hammer. American made and makes my teeth feel cleaner than Crest or Colgate.
                  If I weren't so lazy I might try out a homemade recipe with baking soda.

Comment

Baking soda, sometimes coconut oil+xylitol
                    My Walk From West Coast to East Coast

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81011.html

Comment

Originally posted by s-piper View Post
                      A toothbrush?

In all seriousness, Arm&Hammer. American made and makes my teeth feel cleaner than Crest or Colgate.
                      If I weren't so lazy I might try out a homemade recipe with baking soda.
                      I love how white Arm and Hammer makes my teeth but holy canker sores, Batman! One use and I'm in oral misery for a month. I stick to good ole' Colgate.

Comment

I use EarthPaste.

Comment

Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
                          I love how white Arm and Hammer makes my teeth but holy canker sores, Batman! One use and I'm in oral misery for a month. I stick to good ole' Colgate.
                          I used to have canker sores a lot. Giving up gluten banished them permanently. Lots of people who give up gluten say so. If you don't eat gluten, you may be experiencing a low level of cross-contamination.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                            I used to have canker sores a lot. Giving up gluten banished them permanently. Lots of people who give up gluten say so. If you don't eat gluten, you may be experiencing a low level of cross-contamination.
                            Interesting! And all along I thought they stopped because my sugar intake was low and I wasn't feeding the bacteria in my mouth any more.

Originally posted by Metric View Post
                            I use EarthPaste.
                            The name of that product makes me think of brushing my teeth with mud/dirt. Not in a bad way. Adding to my Amazon cart...

edit: It is made of dirt. Awesome. Adding even more to my Amazon cart...
                            Last edited by RichMahogany; 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Colgate, regular paste.

Couldn't give two shits about something that's going to be in
                              my mouth for 2 minutes and then rinsed out.

I'm not eating toothpaste by the ladle full.

Bwahahahahaha! Snort. I crack myself up.....

Julie

Comment

Working...
                              X