Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you brush your teeth with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you brush your teeth with?

    Just curious what people brush their teeth with, i was told stay away from all the commercial tooth paste

  • #2
    Tom's natural flouride free something when I feel the need. Otherwise, just some coconut oil. You can always use baking soda & water though. But if I eat clean, I feel like there's less need for real toothpaste and that the mechanical action of the brushing is the important part.
    The Champagne of Beards

    Comment


    • #3
      i use tom's flouride free sometimes. right now i'm working through a tube of trader joe's flouride free flavored with fennel. like rich said, though, eating clean is most important. i only brush my teeth to keep them looking clean.
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

      Comment


      • #4
        Tom's for me, too. I also use natural mouthwash (Jason, and sometimes The Natural Dentist) and gum. I've been looking into a few natural teeth whitening solutions, but haven't had much luck.

        Comment


        • #5
          Toothpaste.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

          "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tarek View Post
            Tom's for me, too. I also use natural mouthwash (Jason, and sometimes The Natural Dentist) and gum. I've been looking into a few natural teeth whitening solutions, but haven't had much luck.
            If you brush with baking soda, it will whiten your teeth. People are always asking me if I have my teeth professionaly whiten.
            Loving my primal life

            Comment


            • #7
              Baking soda brushing and rinsing with hydrogen peroxide works pretty well for whitening.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jmoore374 View Post
                Baking soda brushing and rinsing with hydrogen peroxide works pretty well for whitening.
                I moisten baking soda into a paste with hydrogen peroxide and use that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  A toothbrush?

                  In all seriousness, Arm&Hammer. American made and makes my teeth feel cleaner than Crest or Colgate.
                  If I weren't so lazy I might try out a homemade recipe with baking soda.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Baking soda, sometimes coconut oil+xylitol
                    My Walk From West Coast to East Coast

                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81011.html

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by s-piper View Post
                      A toothbrush?

                      In all seriousness, Arm&Hammer. American made and makes my teeth feel cleaner than Crest or Colgate.
                      If I weren't so lazy I might try out a homemade recipe with baking soda.
                      I love how white Arm and Hammer makes my teeth but holy canker sores, Batman! One use and I'm in oral misery for a month. I stick to good ole' Colgate.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I use EarthPaste.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
                          I love how white Arm and Hammer makes my teeth but holy canker sores, Batman! One use and I'm in oral misery for a month. I stick to good ole' Colgate.
                          I used to have canker sores a lot. Giving up gluten banished them permanently. Lots of people who give up gluten say so. If you don't eat gluten, you may be experiencing a low level of cross-contamination.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                            I used to have canker sores a lot. Giving up gluten banished them permanently. Lots of people who give up gluten say so. If you don't eat gluten, you may be experiencing a low level of cross-contamination.
                            Interesting! And all along I thought they stopped because my sugar intake was low and I wasn't feeding the bacteria in my mouth any more.

                            Originally posted by Metric View Post
                            I use EarthPaste.
                            The name of that product makes me think of brushing my teeth with mud/dirt. Not in a bad way. Adding to my Amazon cart...

                            edit: It is made of dirt. Awesome. Adding even more to my Amazon cart...
                            Last edited by RichMahogany; 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM.
                            The Champagne of Beards

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Colgate, regular paste.

                              Couldn't give two shits about something that's going to be in
                              my mouth for 2 minutes and then rinsed out.

                              I'm not eating toothpaste by the ladle full.

                              Bwahahahahaha! Snort. I crack myself up.....


                              Julie

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X