What do you brush your teeth with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    The name of that product makes me think of brushing my teeth with mud/dirt. Not in a bad way. Adding to my Amazon cart...
    It kinda feels/tastes that way too. I have the wintergreen "flavour".

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
      I used to have canker sores a lot. Giving up gluten banished them permanently. Lots of people who give up gluten say so. If you don't eat gluten, you may be experiencing a low level of cross-contamination.
      Never had this problem even after giving up gluten. Maybe I'm less intolerant though...not that I'll be going back to eating wheat bread even if this is the case because giving up gluten has helped me with joint pain and urinary problems. Or maybe I just don't get this particular symptom from gluten?
      Perhaps this should be incentive for me to try a homemade baking soda toothpaste like I mentioned.

Comment

A toothbrush with Crest Pro Health toothpaste on it.

I didn't think about it until this thread. I guess it's part of my 20%.

Shit, does it break my fast?

Comment

Originally posted by polos26 View Post
          If you brush with baking soda, it will whiten your teeth. People are always asking me if I have my teeth professionaly whiten.
          Not a bad suggestion -- I'll have to give that a try!

Comment

I brush my teeth with baking soda, straight from the jar.
            I'm the only one in my family without teeth problems.

Comment

This:

Brushing Blend | In the Mouth Support | OraWellness

The brushing blend dropped onto a toothbrush, sometimes with coconut oil and baking soda added. I love it.

Comment

We use Denblan, expensive but great stuff.
                Denblan Toothpaste | Darphin Paris

Comment

Apples.

Just kidding. Tom's fluoride-free. But I hate brushing, one more reason I like VLC.

Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Ecodent tooth powder. Love it. Used to use Tom's of Maine until they were bought out and started putting SLS in it. SLS irritates my gums. Lesson learned don't brush with something made to degrease engines.

Comment

Tropical traditions teeth cleaner.

Comment

I make my own toothpaste out of baking soda, xylitol, hydrogen peroxide, and cinnamon mixed with with coconut oil into a paste. It's awesome. My teeth have never felt cleaner or looked whiter. Cheap as hell, too.

Comment

Baking soda. Just switched about 2 weeks ago. Discoloration that had only been removable after a cleaning at the dentist is totally gone. I was shocked. The salty taste sucks. But I'm too lazy to make some sort of mix.

On a related note, by dentist actually told me to not use toothpaste - that it was actually too abrasive. He said to just use a toothbrush and use very light pressure to "dislodge and disrupt" the bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
                            Baking soda. Just switched about 2 weeks ago. Discoloration that had only been removable after a cleaning at the dentist is totally gone. I was shocked. The salty taste sucks. But I'm too lazy to make some sort of mix.

On a related note, by dentist actually told me to not use toothpaste - that it was actually too abrasive. He said to just use a toothbrush and use very light pressure to "dislodge and disrupt" the bacteria.
                            This has nothing to do with teeth, but my sink - same thing happened.

My house was built in 1961 and there were quite a few stains in my ugly
                            ass BEIGE sink that I could NEVER get out.

Not with bleach, not with comet, not with pine sol, not with ANYTHING.

I made a paste of baking soda and vinegar, and hot damn, not only did ALL
                            the stains come out, but cripes on a cracker, the sink has NEVER looked cleaner.

Probably cleaner than when the fools chose that nasty ass color.

Baking soda for the win!

Has anyone noticed, whilst using the baking soda on their teeth, that it makes their
                            teeth sensitive at all?

I can't use whitening toothpaste or those strips or anything, but I'll bite the salty
                            bullet and use some baking soda along with my regular toothpaste if it whitens
                            and doesn't cause any sensitivity.... like right now... for an HOUR.

Okay, not really.

Julie

Comment

straight baking soda did irritate my gums. But I used to mix my own paste using coconut oil, baking soda, salt, xylitol and that was fine, just messy.

Comment

I toss my teeth in a glass and add water and a fizzy tab. Car accidents suck.
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X