No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens on your 7th day of the week?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I didn't do 7 days pattern, I did 2 UDs, 1DD, 2 UDs, 1 DD etc. I didn't care which day in week was UD or DD. Because 3 UDs in row were too much for me. And now I see that even 2 UDs are too much, lol.
      Last edited by SugarfreeLife; 03-09-2014, 12:32 PM.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
      iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Comment

• I see. It is always good to learn these thing about ourselves. I find my down days are easier and more enjoyable when they are directly preceded by a good up day. And by food here I mean generally free from eating garbage.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarfreeLife View Post
          .... Because 3 UDs in row were too much for me. And now I see that even 2 UDs are too much, lol.
          I AM a little worried about this, in advance, for maintenance. Guess I should wait until it actually happens to start figuring, though, as I'll probably need to tweak to find what works for me.

Comment

• My Honey has been maintaining for a while now. On Down Days when he is at or below his target weight(170), he 'cheats' if he feels like it. If he is above 170, he fasts. On Up Days, of course, he eats whatever he wants.

Demuralist- I DID write a post for Lauren. It will be fun to see it in action if she uses it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Demuralist- I DID write a post for Lauren. It will be fun to see it in action if she uses it.
              Awesome😃let us know if she uses it.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I'll be using your post, Sabine! Just slow to edit with all the wedding tasks to knock off my list in the next couple of weeks.

I am still steadily losing weight. I'm now at 26 lbs lost (179>153) since 4/5/13. I still fit in the wedding dress, but might have to do 6:1 or 5:2 to maintain for a couple of weeks. I no longer need any shapewear for the dress and I'm worried it'll be too loose at this rate. Got my carbs down a bit too and eating more primal, which is good.
                Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• What a great place to be in, Elkay, that you just need to maintain to have your dress fit, instead of frantically trying for 'those few last pounds'!

I've had a couple of really big Up Days lately, eating quite a bit. Even gorging on occasion(Can you say fresh picked blueberries?!). And the weight is still coming off, dropping even more after these big days. I like it.

Made my first batch of home-grown kombucha, which I will be sampling today.

And I am starting to think about getting the next-size-down pants.

All happy things, here on the ADF front.

Comment

• Sabine - The phytochemicals in blueberries (anthocyanins) are shown to help prevent fat storage and increase leptin (which suppresses hunger). So gorge on those blueberries!

Comment

• So I've been off the ADF wagon for two weeks. I did it for 2 months straight pretty strictly, and it was actually pretty easy. But I didn't lose much weight. I thought I'd take a week off, but now I'm having trouble getting back on.

Ahhhh!!!! I wish this worked for me.

I'm getting back on tomorrow though. Tomorrow will be a down day (I hope).

My journal

Comment

• Another good reason to eat blueberries!

Diene- Sorry there wasn't much weight loss for you. You might consider looking at the Lowcarbfriends forum. They have a lot of good advice on their JUDDD thread.

Comment

• Hey guys, it's good too see this thread still alive even thought its slowed down a little. Congrats on your weightloss Sabine and elkay!

13 weeks pregnant now and still holding steady at 203.4-204.8 lbs so that means I made it to my 2nd trimester without gaining any weight! Feels like a miracle to be honest I don't know how i haven't gained weight. I haven't slid off the wagon per say but there a lot more rice and potatoes on the menu and occasional corn tortillas. I'm struggling with food aversion but what's worse is the bloating and constipation. I've been so tired and unmotivated this whole pregnancy I haven't exercised in over a month! So again I'd say it's a miracle I haven't gained but I'm not complaining. I hope to only gain 20 lbs for the duration of my pregnancy but i think I need to start exercising again and really getting myself back to 100% primal.
                          Veronica
                          High weight: 263.8 lbs
                          Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                          ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                          Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                          Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Glad to hear things are well with you, Vlo. Hopefully you will be hitting the 'feel good' part of your pregnancy soon!

Comment

• I have been in maintenance mode for about a week (doing 5:2 instead of ADF). Gained back two pounds, so I am at a 25 lb loss total and have been holding steady at that for the last few days.

My DD yesterday failed. It ended up being a medium day since it turns out writing one's wedding vows on an empty stomach is too taxing a feat. I have found it hard to transition back to a normal 1,800 calorie day when my body thinks it is time to fast. I just don't get that hungry, and when I do, I know the feeling will pass. I will end up eating 1,000 to 1,200 calories on what should be a fast day in my mind, and then I end up having to shove down some more food after dinner to try to get up to 1,600 to 1,800 calories.

Ate my one meal for today's DD. Some soup, a salad, plain Greek yogurt with a little raw honey, and some nuts. So far so good! Also at 9 days coffee-free. I am starting to be less crabby in the morning.

Comment

• My doctor just suggested the 5:2 diet to me, so. I guess I am going to give it a whirl.

My biggest concern is that a) I am a post grad and being hungry and studying is not great. and b) I do crossfit and pilates pretty much 6 days.

Questions

Do you still exercise on the 2 days?

Does anyone go nuts and eat everything on sight for the 5 days? I imagine thats how I will feel.

How did you ease yourself into it?

Thanks all!
                                Starting waist measurement: 36". Current 35". First Goal 33".
                                Starting backsquat: 50lbs. Current squat: 132lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X