No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is my third DD for the week. I swear these DDs are saving my butt. I have had 3 binge days this month and yet I feel as if I am still losing due to ADF. It also helps that I am eating clean w30...when I am not binging.
    I will not weigh and measure until July 1st so no telling what is actually happening. I feel thinner, am less obsessed with numbers and am not constantly worried about changing my eating plan.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm glad the Down Days are giving you a sense of helping your body, Pebbles.

Comment

• I am doing well-ish. Had a few days of bad choices due to family visiting from out of town. Yesterday was a DD and I just ended up doing a full fast. It got to be about 6:00 and I had not eaten yet (coffee with almond milk was it..) and decided to see how far I could take it. Still have yet to have breakfast this morning but I am not much of a early eater anyway. Does anyone do full fasts on their dd?

Comment

• Hey guys looks like everyone is still doing well, wish I was still losing right along with you! My weight has stabilized since my first week of stopping ADF thank god! My theory that I was just putting back on the Initial water weight seems to have held true. This morning I weighed 207.2, last two weeks it's stayed in the 207-208 range, which is only 3-4 lbs up from my last dd weight. I know this will eventually start going up again but for now I'm glad.

Had my first u/s to confirm pregnancy and we saw the tiny flicker of the heartbeat so far all is well. Morning sickness and fatigue have hit me hard the last two weeks. I haven't actually thrown up(tmi sorry) but have had nausea all day. The big problem for me so far is I've stopped wanting to cook lately because everything sounds revolting. But then I have nothing to eat because other than fruit everything has to be cooked on a primal diet! Im having a hard time resenting the fact that I can't just have some cereal or crackers. I can see why pregnancy can derail a person from staying primal. You truly crave the easy dry grain products. Alas I'm not just any person, even with these cravings I have an iron will and I will not cross over to the dark side lol! I actually hade some "cereal" for dinner last night, mixed together almonds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed, raisins,and unsweetened shredded coconut in a bowl with milk. Tasted like granola but it was hard to finish because nuts are so much heavier than regular cereal. It was a big fat bowl of PUFA but it was all I could stomach. Hopefully my aversions on last a few more weeks and then I can get back to being a cooking machine!

Anywho keep it up guys!
          Veronica
          High weight: 263.8 lbs
          Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
          ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
          Current weight: 177.6 lbs
          Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Hey Veronica, organic puffed rice cereal is probably okay for you to eat, if you're craving cereal and everything else sounds gross. It's probably healthier than a bowl of PUFA. Some people around here are into low carb at all costs, and I was like that when I first started too. Would eat 500 calories of almonds without a thought when what I really wanted was carbs. With the amount of PUFA in those nuts, I would have been better off just having some carbs.

My journal

Comment

• I forgot all about puffed rice cereal!!! Thanks diene!
              Veronica
              High weight: 263.8 lbs
              Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
              ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
              Current weight: 177.6 lbs
              Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                21 pounds is very impressive! Most beers are made of barley, not wheat. Wheat beers are made of wheat, of course.
                All regular beer has gluten in it. Barley is a gluten grain, too.

Comment

• I have discovered that fasting during TTOM is incredibly difficult. I have hit the 20 hr IF mark by gritting my teeth. 20 -24 hrs between meals is my general goal for fast days. Now for some almonds.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yay! That is the one I just received can't wait to try it out!!

Comment

• I'm on my 4th DD in a row thanks to the veggie stew I cooked up and ate Monday night. Two hours later all hell broke loose and hasn't let up yet. I am going on a chocolate tour of San Francisco on Saturday so hopefully that will be my first UD for the week. That's the plan anyway. Overly optimistic to be sure but I'm going on that tour. I'm pretty sure I lost some weight this week but unfortunately I am pretty sure my poor muscles took a big hit this week too.

Comment

• So I have a question..or maybe a vent..

I have been doing okay on my fast days, they seems to take some mental pressure off just because I am not eating. The past few up days have been real close to binge..still primal, but binge. Once I start eating it seems that I have real difficulty stopping. I will eat until I feel bloated and cannot eat more, then I usually eat a few more bites. So I guess I am wondering if any of you have experienced this and what did you do about it?

Comment

• I often overeat on up days. I find that tracking calories helps a little, if only because it gives me notice of how much I've already eaten (as opposed to just mindlessly eating and eating). I do allow myself one up day a week during which I get to eat as much as I want, and I will stuff myself till my stomach hurts.

See, I'm a glutton by nature and love to eat. I love JUDDD because I don't feel as bad eating lots on up days. I feel like this is how humans evolved too. When food is available, you eat until you can't eat anymore because you don't know when you'll be able to eat again. Then when there's no food, you fasted. This way of eating sure beats a constant moderate calorie "diet."

I'm not sure if I have good advice for you, other than to start tracking your calories on up days and trying to keep it under control that way.

My journal

Comment

• I agree with diene. I track my calories every day so I have some warning before I go too far overboard on UD calories.
                            Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• I did a week of alternate day full day fasts. I did really well but found I needed to ease into food with broth in the morning. I also try and follow high fat, low carb. I had very good results, 9lbs in one week. I don't know if it is recommended for long term. I tried it again but was hungry by supper so I ate. I spend a lot of time in the car so it is easier to not eat and I am not near food.

Comment

• I've been trying at least one full (36hr) fast per week and doing alternate days at 500 or less calories. Seems to be working so far..

Comment

Working...
                                X