Primal 90% from sept. 2012
      looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Comment

• Congratulations, Veronica!!!
        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Down another lb for a total of 18 lbs/8.2 kg at the end of week 8 of ADF, -4 this week. I didn't overeat like crazy this week despite a couple glasses of wine yesterday.

I am also not kind of in love with cooking in coconut oil. I love the viscosity.
          Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• YAY, VERONICA!!!!

Sending big hugs and sloppy kisses your way, and wishing you the best of health and happiness!
            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Congrats elkay!

Thanks everyone! Its bizarre to finally be here after talking about it the last two years. I'm just hoping everything goes fine at my ultrasound in 2 weeks. It's really weird that today is supposed to be a dd and Im Not going to do it lol, it probably take me a few days to get used to not doing ADF. Like I said Im Still going to track and I did yesterday and I felt like I needed to get more carbs in( I shouldn't try to stay under 50 anymore right?) so I got 98 carbs and I was really nervous I was going to put on some bloat overnight because of it but I'm only up .4. I also gave up my morning coffee as of yesterday and I am missing it desperately! My goal for this pregnancy is to keep the weight gain under control. I gained 76 lbs with my daughter and I don't want to do that again! Especially since I am starting this pregnancy 20 lbs heavier than I was the first time!i think following the primal blueprint there's no way that it'll get that outta control again, that was at the height of SAD and being a fast food junkie.
              Veronica
              High weight: 263.8 lbs
              Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
              ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
              Current weight: 177.6 lbs
              Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Veronica~
                You can safely keep your carbs wherever you feel good. There is a myth about ketosis being bad in pregnancy, but all my reading for my pregnant clients shows that it is just a myth. Let me know if you want some links about this.
                Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
                  Thanks guys! I'm still gonna be hanging around because I'm obviously going to still eat primally throughout my pregnancy. I also just looked up my ideal calorie intake for the first trimester and based on my stats that's 2016 cals, so basically them same as an ud. I'm definitely looking to gain very little with this pregnancy so I have to calorie count so as not to go over board.
                  OMG OMG! CONGRATS!!!
                  i haven't checked this site in couple days and holy moly! I'm SOOOO happy for you!! <3 <3 <3 <3
                  yay babies!

Comment

• Originally posted by goinggrok View Post
                    I feel my story is similar to ((yoga11) trying so hard and not seeing much success well you get resentful. But I keep trying, have had my share of slip ups this month with 2 birthdays and Mothers day. But I am back on track.Thank you and gl to all of you!
                    Hello there! I'm happy to help you with my experience and what "is" working. Holler at my anytime! <3 good luck!
                    what was your DD meal? what did you eat on your UD? are you doing by a certain amount of carbs?

Btw... you read all 119 pages!? you are amazing.

Comment

• 5:2 vs Alternate Day

Hi Pebbles,

First ever post in these forums! I've recently started the ADD, and after 1 week have lost about 1.2kg (sorry, I'm not American so I don't know how much that is in lbs!). I've heard about the 5:2 version, but don't know much about how it works. Do you do your 2 fasting days consecutively, or do you split them up (say, Monday and Thursday)?

Thanks,
                      Richard.

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      Chiming in for the first time.
                      I am doing the 5:2 protocol (5UD,2DD). I am choosing to eat Primal allowed foods even though some 5:2 peeps do it with SAD as do the JUDDD gang.
                      I am almost at the end of my first week. Today is a DD and I am really hungry. Much more so than on Tuesday. My DD are zero cals until dinner, then I eat my 500. Really can't wait for dinner...

Comment

• Welcome Richard. It is recommended to not have consecutive down days to ensure you get all of the nutrients you need on the following up day.
                        Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Comment

• Welcome, Richard!

+1 to non consecutive. There is a 5:2 site. I think it is officially called the "Fast Diet". Be aware however, that they are not Primal over there. Many people actually eat poorly while doing the program.

I pick my 2 days from Sunday / Tuesday / Thursday, which are my lighter workout days. It gives me a little flexibility while still having a plan. Last week, I actually did all three days, therefore doing something more like ADF.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Welcome to our new folks!

~~~~

I'm almost back down to my weight before my two vacations in May! This week I may actually do the 5:2 thing myself. It's going to be a busy week, especially towards the end of the week when I'll be working lots of overtime. I think I'll do my fast day on Tuesday, but Thursday (my second usual down day) I will be working overtime, then in very early on Friday for another long day. So, Saturday might be my second.

I've been up since 3:40 a.m. I've straightened up, and I just finished cooking my lunches/snacks for the week and they are all in the freezer. Now I'm just waiting for the Farmer's Market to open officially (9:00) to take my walk.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                            My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoga11 View Post
                              Hello there! I'm happy to help you with my experience and what "is" working. Holler at my anytime! <3 good luck!
                              what was your DD meal? what did you eat on your UD? are you doing by a certain amount of carbs?

Btw... you read all 119 pages!? you are amazing.
                              Hello & TY..
                              well my down day was suppose to be chicken and salad, but that piece of chicken that was in the fridge was gone so two boiled eggs it was. I am use to eating 2 meals a day so the dd wasn't too bad. I did get hungry then I finally ate, then I was kinda hungry sometime afterwards but it subsided and all was good. I saw a new number the next day
                              Today is my 2nd dd...fingers crossed it will be as good as the first.
                              My ud consisted of primal foods yesterday tho, I don't think I hit my 18-1900 cal number at all. That I find is tough.
                              I may have to holler at ya...but I hope this works for me.

Yes I did read all 119 pages...I feel like I know all of you already lol

Have a wonderful day everyone be it and UD or a DD

Comment

• Ugh guys as of this morning I'm up 2.6, I hope this doesn't continue. The last 3 days have essentially been ud's so I know I wasn't going to stay at my dd weight of 204 but I'm hoping it levels out for awhile.

Dragonfly~ link away!
                                Veronica
                                High weight: 263.8 lbs
                                Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                                ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                                Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                                Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X