No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The doctor visit went well. I didn't have to worry about what she thought of my weight...I forgot that they weighed me in January when I had my upper endoscopy, so she was thrilled that I had lost so much already, lol. She wants me to continue what I'm doing as it is clearly working. I should have my results either later today or tomorrow sometime.

Still haven't eaten yet today and it's already 12:30 pm. I've been drinking water and that's helping. Still not sure what I want to eat for dinner, but I'm sure I'll find something, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
      Everything you have listed is available in Superstore, here in Canada, which is a big supermarket. The things that I buy in an Organic store are stuff like Hymalian salt, raw macadamia and Brazil nuts, seaweed (though Asian T&T supermarket carry that too) and non-homogenized milk for my daughter. I have never bought coconut sugar, but that's only available in specialty store here, and one thing that is not available, but I wish it was, and I would suggest you check the market for is coconut aminos that can be used instead fo soy sauce.

Again, from Canadian experience, where we can't get raw except for cheese, I would check out cheese selection.

And, id I were treating myself - game meat. I love game meat, but only get a small piece or two a year from the hunters in the building, lol!
      Calgary's farmers market on blackfoot and heritage has elk sometimes and bison all the time

Comment

• Hi everyone,
        I have read all 119 pages in two days I think I am going to give this a try, in fact yesterday I kinda had a down day, but my calories were about 700 and only one meal 1 1/2 hr of weights and such and 1 hr of zumba...I was done.

According to the JUDDD site I am to eat 1900 calories on an up day...All I can say is OMG, I am stuffed. I don't eat that much on a good day before JUDDD

A little about myself 46 from Calgary too (hence the previous post)
        I am currently 166 and have been eating primal off and on, with me really getting into it since March 1st. But in doing so I haven't dropped much weight since then, maybe 8 lbs. I started lifting weights 1-2 nites a week and I started with zumba 1 nite now I go twice a week, still no weight loss. Frustrated to say the least. I have a hard time understanding what my body needs. So I want to give this a go. I usually eat 2 meals a day no more than 14-1600 calories so today when I ate almost 1850 well is how I feel lol.
        Thank you for all the previous posts, you are all doing amazingly well. I hope this works for me in the long run as well. I feel my story is similar to ((yoga11) trying so hard and not seeing much success well you get resentful. But I keep trying, have had my share of slip ups this month with 2 birthdays and Mothers day. But I am back on track.

Thank you and gl to all of you!
        Last edited by goinggrok; 05-30-2013, 04:59 PM. Reason: found the others posters name

Comment

• ]Calgary's farmers market on blackfoot and heritage has elk sometimes and bison all the time
          Sunnyside has a lot of choice in bison, actually. I took a look on Wed, just never checked for meat there before.

A DD today. I had a super-hard day yestereday (a day off), doing a boxing warm-up against a boxing bag for ~ 20-25 minutes, then full lifting. Added steam room. Then in the afternoon, I was pounding the 'stomping' stones into my lawn. Which involves a LOT of jumping on them and pounding. Still 133 this morning, early, so, likely a maintain again after today's DD.

Oh, well, had coconut oil, and made green juice for today, and a cuppa of broth with 1/4 cup yam mushed in. Fingers crossed.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Week 2 report

Wt 213 down from 216.3 (-3.3) I also dropped 3.5 inches. No binges or even close calls so far this week, but weekends are my hard times.

I will be doing a W30 for the month of June, so no weigh in until July 1st. I am trying to break a scale obsession. I will still do the 5:2 protocol, but with only Paleo approved foods. For me this means dropping dairy, artificial sweeteners and cured meats.

I guess next week, I will report on how I am feeling, binges, etc.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Heya, weekends are my biggest problem as well!!! It's hard for me to be relaxing without eating. The long weekends are particulary crappy, as I seem to have willpower for 2 days. Well hang in there and yay, I am doing W30 as well for June.

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                Do you take vitamin D3? I take 10,000 IUs every day, and I have not gotten sick since I started. Well, I started to get sick after Thanksgiving b/c my bf's mom was sick when she made us food, but then I got better without actually getting sick. That has never happened to me before. Whenever I start to get sick, the sickness will have to run its course. And I haven't gotten sick since despite the fact that there have been several "epidemics" in the office.
                No I don't but I should getting sick all the time sucks!

Welcome goingrok!

Ok so today's official weigh in is 204 lbs, that's 6 lbs total for this month of ADF , 22 lbs total for two months! I really love the results this has given me but yesterday was my last dd.........because I'm pregnant! Got the positive test this morning!
                Veronica
                High weight: 263.8 lbs
                Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• OMG, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hurray! That is awesome news!!! And you are going into it so much healthier than before.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Congratulation, that's great!
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
                      iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Comment

• congrats! I hope the two of you will go out and celebrate this exciting moment!

Comment

• Thanks guys! I'm still gonna be hanging around because I'm obviously going to still eat primally throughout my pregnancy. I also just looked up my ideal calorie intake for the first trimester and based on my stats that's 2016 cals, so basically them same as an ud. I'm definitely looking to gain very little with this pregnancy so I have to calorie count so as not to go over board.
                          Veronica
                          High weight: 263.8 lbs
                          Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                          ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                          Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                          Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post

Ok so today's official weigh in is 204 lbs, that's 6 lbs total for this month of ADF , 22 lbs total for two months! I really love the results this has given me but yesterday was my last dd.........because I'm pregnant! Got the positive test this morning!
                            Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

My journal

Comment

• Haven't checked in lately, but popping in to say hi and CONGRATS to Veronica! That's awesome! Please keep posting, especially your menus because you always find the primal recipes!

Things are going well with me - was on vacation so had several non-primal things and a few up days in a row, but I'm back on track now!

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
                                but yesterday was my last dd.........because I'm pregnant! Got the positive test this morning!
                                OMG!!!!!! Very excited and happy for you!!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                                My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Working...
                                X