No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am using juices from the 7 day cleanse book, 1-2 cups of a different color each day, 1 cup of green one. I have no desire to go for 7 days straight. The juice is mostly vegetable, and taking oil and broth stabilizes the blood sugar. Plus, the book has creative inspirations, yoga and a beauty treatment that helps with destructing from hunger. AND you drink something every few hours, you can't afford to eat every few hours on low cal solids. I can't take long hours with no food & once I start eating, I binge.

It is very New-Agey, but why the heck not, since fasting in the conventional way, like Fast 5, IF, fat fasts did not work for me? I did low cal days on protein/fat, and they were miserable.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
      I am using juices from the 7 day cleanse book, 1-2 cups of a different color each day, 1 cup of green one. I have no desire to go for 7 days straight. The juice is mostly vegetable, and taking oil and broth stabilizes the blood sugar. Plus, the book has creative inspirations, yoga and a beauty treatment that helps with destructing from hunger. AND you drink something every few hours, you can't afford to eat every few hours on low cal solids. I can't take long hours with no food & once I start eating, I binge.

It is very New-Agey, but why the heck not, since fasting in the conventional way, like Fast 5, IF, fat fasts did not work for me? I did low cal days on protein/fat, and they were miserable.
      Ahhh I see, ok cool well keep it up and let us know how it goes!
      Veronica
      High weight: 263.8 lbs
      Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
      ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
      Current weight: 177.6 lbs
      Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• I will I looked through the book, and I have no interest in the blue, dark blue and violet juices - they are basically blueberry smoothies. So, I will be doing red and orange one week, and yellow and green the other week. If it goes well, I want to add a third, green day when I feel like it. I also really want to pair it with yoga, meditation, swimming and sauna.

Comment

• Hello and welcome to new posters (even though I am semi-new too!)

I LIKE this plan! Finally have a loss on the scale. Down 3lbs for the week. I'll happily take that as I have struggled to not gain lately. DDs seem to go okay, I like a meal.. I think I need to feel full once a day, so I save calories until dinner. I wonder if my emergency cucumber or pickle that I sometimes need during the day count? I also drink coffee with almond milk in the morning. A girl can only take so much..

Off to vacation in Mexico next week. I am going to avoid the wheat crap because that does make me feel sick, but don't know how the rest of my choices will go..

And congrats V....that loss is awesome and motivational!

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
            Total lost for week #7 of ADF 5.8 lbs!!!!
            Wow, congratulation I crossed fingers for you.

I think that I'll allow few more weeks in HFLC protocol to my body and then I'll combine it with 5:2. This week no weight loss so far, some bouncing up and down. Maybe tomorrow... So far 20 days, 2,5 kg down and probably some loss before that (I haven't have a scale). Don't get me wrong, I'm patient and I know that I have to nourish my body well, but with that large weight I have to lose - I hoped for little faster progress.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
            iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Sugarfree~I like HFLC and think it works well with ADF or 5:2. I eat 65% fat, 25% protein, 10 % carb and find I'm most satiated with more than half my calories coming from fat.
              Veronica
              High weight: 263.8 lbs
              Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
              ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
              Current weight: 177.6 lbs
              Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Awesome inspiration vlo1125! Great work.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by AmyP View Post
                  Off to vacation in Mexico next week. I am going to avoid the wheat crap because that does make me feel sick, but don't know how the rest of my choices will go..
                  Good luck on a gluten-free Mexican stay. You may have to work extra hard on avoiding wheat. I gave up on the idea of authentic Mexican food. Most of the authentic recipes I have seen have flour in either the sauces or the fillings or both.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
                    Total lost for week #7 of ADF 5.8 lbs!!!! .
                    UM HELLO!! WOW WOW !! congrats!! SO AMAZING!!

I'm guessing.. no bananas this last week??

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
                      Again, from Canadian experience, where we can't get raw except for cheese, I would check out cheese selection.
                      America also has a lot of restrictions on cheese/milk. In some states it isn't even legal. You can only really get raw milk or cheese directly from farmers. Also, if you have you seen "American cheese"... it isn't technically cheese and cannot be marketed as cheese, only as "cheese product" and is more like a sheet of rubber.

Also, Veronica - WOW! Congrats on showing that scale who is the boss!
                      Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                        Good luck on a gluten-free Mexican stay. You may have to work extra hard on avoiding wheat. I gave up on the idea of authentic Mexican food. Most of the authentic recipes I have seen have flour in either the sauces or the fillings or both.
                        I visit Mexico every few years, and it's pretty easy to stay gluten free. Every street corner seems to have bags of fruit and vegetables with lime squeezed over them. If you are ok with tortillas, most real Mexican tortillas are just corn. So that lets you eat at most taco stands. If concerned about eating corn, then most markets have entrees that include just meat and veggies, and they have a variety of stews and soups.

Comment

• Originally posted by elkay7 View Post
                          America also has a lot of restrictions on cheese/milk. In some states it isn't even legal. You can only really get raw milk or cheese directly from farmers.
                          I live in one of those states. I would have to drive several hours to buy raw milk at a farm. So of course I never have.

Also, if you have you seen "American cheese"... it isn't technically cheese and cannot be marketed as cheese, only as "cheese product" and is more like a sheet of rubber.
                          I think this depends. There are a lot of different product standards out there which require different labeling for different products.

I recall an older woman who used to whine to me that somebody ought to take the butterfat out of cheese and replace it with (healthier?) oil. And I would tell her they did, it's called Velveeta!

My late ex-mother-in-law used to shop at a store that had a store brand Velveeta knock-off product, called "imitation pasteurized processed cheese food". Right.

Comment

• Wow vlo1125 great job....so much inspiration here!! Been doing well so far, this weekend is going to be a challenge though. Family (kids & grandkids) coming for the long weekend and everyone will be wanting to eat and drink. I'm going to diffenately stick to Primal but I think my fasting will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday and start again. I guess that is what is great about this WOE if you take a couple days off you just get right back to it! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Comment

• In some states it isn't even legal.
                              In Canada it is illegal in its entirety. The only product allowed to have raw milk is cheese that had been aged for over whatever days (some hard cheeses). Most cheeses sold here are revolting eraser type as well. That's why I would check out organic, raw selection in a store for a cheese that tastes like cheese.

Comment

• Congratulations Veronica!!!

I've been super busy at work and haven't had a spare moment to post...and I'm off again on a little mini vacation to Palm Desert tomorrow, so it will be a few more days before I'm back regularly. I've given up the ADF until I get back. I never really got back on track from my vacation a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not overeating so haven't gained.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                                My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Working...
                                X