No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this has gotten incredibly confusing.

Um... Paleobird, I don't understand your comment about low carb spam?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

There was likely a spam post that was removed by the moderators before you saw the page. Sometimes if the spam is apropo, I like to quote it so we can continue to enjoy it after the original has been zapped. In this case, we will just have to wonder!

Comment

First Down Day under my belt! Yeah! It went well. I was feeling pretty hungry mid afternoon. My single egg and 1 TB butter didn't go very far! Dinner was meager but satisfying and I made it through the night without getting up to have a bite (or 6) of something. I'm counting this as a victory!

I came to a happy conclusion yesterday! After weighing in at my doctors office (digital) and seeing that my fully clothed weight was the same as my buck nekid weight at home I was wondering if my scales might be weighing me a bit heavy. So yesterday I stepped on the OLD slide weight style scale at my office (I work for an endo) it was the same also. So, fully clothed at doc's offices I weigh the same as buck nekid at home. That means I'm actually weigh 2 pounds less than I thought! But for recording........... I'm sticking with my scales. Its less complicated that way. However --- if I'm feeling crappy about myself when I weigh at home I can always remember that in reality I'm 2 pounds lighter!

Gotta LOVE that!

So - my first UP day on this protocol. I haven't really planned anything.......... hubby wants to try using the smoked turkey (he smoked on Sunday) in a stir fry-like dish. I'm skeptical - but we'll give it a try.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Gotcha!

My down day went ok. I woke up feeling hungry but my coffee calmed the storm. I just officially broke the fast with half a grapefruit. Not something I would typically eat, but my 12 year old niece left it behind. It tasted so very sweet. I wonder if it would have tasted that sweet to me two months ago- before primal. I always enjoyed grapefruit, but always felt they had a bitter after taste. I am feeling full and satisfied at this time. I'm not sure what else I will eat today as I have a rather empty fridge- but I am sure I'll find something Tomorrow will be a down day. Saturday and Sunday will both be up days as Sunday is easter sunday.

Comment

Feeling great this morning after my Up day. No more headache! Methinks I had a bit of a histamine intolerance reaction to the chicken broth the eve before.

I am fasting all day, except for some beef bouillon (had some last night & no reaction today, yay!) and tea with cream. This eve we are going to our local "Green Drinks", a monthly social gathering/networking event for those interested in "green" issues. It's held in a Primal-friendly ale house that specializes in local food-super cheap at happy hour! I will skip the wine, this week, but will definitely be noshing (within reason!). Free-range Buffalo wings and pastured pork tacos!
            Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
            Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
            Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
              Um... Paleobird, I don't understand your comment about low carb spam?
              Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              There was likely a spam post that was removed by the moderators before you saw the page. Sometimes if the spam is apropo, I like to quote it so we can continue to enjoy it after the original has been zapped. In this case, we will just have to wonder!
              Yes, there was one of those forum skimmer spam posts saying, "I'm doing the low carb version of this diet" followed by a bunch of those little blue squares that are where marketing links lurk. Glad to know the mods are on the job.

Comment

Regarding cooking for others. On my down days (I am going with lower case dd for down day and upper case DD for my darling daughter) i make a couple of veggies and for the boys I do Pasta and for myself I use konjac noodles. Stuff like that. Make some thing we can all eat and then add to it for them. Then on my ud's I do a seriously nice meal we can all eat and maybe add bread to theirs. Neither of them are primal and both are carboholics and whine if i dont ocassionly add some to dinner.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Haha! It was pointing to the existing post above yours, which seemed completely normal and well thought out.... and I was like... damn... PB getting nasty! Glad to see I was wrong.

Comment

Made it through my Down day pretty easily yesterday, having my small mini-meals. (Well, I almost forgot the yogurt one, had to eat some just before I went to bed!) My energy wasn't off the charts, like it was last week, but still good: felt like walking, did my chores, no grumpiness. My Honey has said he notices he gets a little more irritable in the late afternoons of his Down Days, but figures he can just read when he gets home, and then go to bed early. He is a carb-hound, and most definitely NOT fat-adapted, so I think that is why he is having that difficulty. I can honestly say my disposition is the same on Down Days.

I've got my Up Day planned out: a nice pork chop and egg breakfast, meat and salad for lunch(going on a date with Honey), and homemade sushi and sashimi for dinner. I guess I'll sling my yogurt into a mid-day snack slot. Not that I think I will be hungry, but I am NOT giving up my pork chop for yogurt! There are limits to good-health, after all.

How are y'all doing?

Comment

Had a great dd yesterday. Waited to eat until 4 pm (which is my ultimate goal in maintenance - 1 meal per day). Good focus and concentration and work..."hunger" was mild and very much in the background.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

dd is today.. I had my coffee and at 7am am already hungry. I plan to have some bone broth with a bouillon cube @ 9:50 when my first class leaves. That should tide me over until lunch which consists of 1/1/2 c of coleslaw cabbage sans dressing, a tuna pouch and a hard boiled egg.
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

My up day kinda sucked. Had half a grapefruit. A cup of chili that made me sick. Then way late in the day I did a potato experiment. I made myself a potato. Baked it peeled and sliced under olive oil, salt and pepper. Covered it in butter when I ate it. It was freaking awesome. But, would it effect my weight?

Well, it didn't down another 1.4 lbs this morning. Ok, so it only sucked because the chili made me sick. Other than that, felt like a normal day. Calories were only 1000ish which is low.

Comment

I was intending to make yesterday my first down day by extending my normal fast until dinnertime. But when I got home I ended up eating a 950 calorie dinner, at least in part because the meat took an hour longer than anticipated. Note to self: plan better.

Comment

I agree! I think planning is key!

I actually love my fasting days because.. well... it just makes things easier. No cooking... no scrounging up food, no taking the time to make it and eat it. I save money this way too. It's kinda depressing to wake up in the morning knowing I won't eat anything that day, but at the same time, it's relieving. Does that make sense?

Comment

dd today and hungry AND teaching about feed chains and food webs. One of the assignments is the students have to take a recent meal and trace the energy back to the sun. OMG.. their meals sound so good.

*anxiously awaiting my bone nroth*
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X