Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Today is my second DD. It's only 8:52 AM, and I'm already hungry!!! Had my protein shake after crossfit this morning. I didn't have time to make shirataki noodles so I didn't. Figured that I shouldn't be using it as a crutch anyway. 10 hours to go to get through the work day, and then I can go home and have dinner. I CAN DO THIS!!!

    My journal

    Comment


    • Hi everyone...I'd like to join in if you don't mind! I have done some IF before but really really doing a specific ADF for a while to see if I can get the scale to budge. I have eaten primal for almost two years now..I feel good, but never lost much weight.. My 39th birthday was yesterday, up day fo sho, so down day today! I think I will be having one mid-day meal and keep it at that. I look forward to the support!

      Comment


      • Serenity- you are right! You CAN do this.

        Welcome, AmyP.

        Comment


        • Welcome Mike and Amy! Glad to have you with us.

          Serenity, you CAN do it...most of this is mental for me so if I can get past the "I want to eat" thing, the hunger usually goes away. Drink tea or water or something...it helps every so slightly, lol.

          ~~~

          My last vacation pound went away this morning, yay.

          I think I like the idea of a small break from the alternating day aspect of ADF. I was afraid that once I took a break, it would be hard for me to get back on track...I have had that problem before...but it wasn't very hard to jump right back in after my vacation. I don't know if it will always be that easy to get back on track, but at least it's comforting to know I CAN do it if I need to.
          __________
          Donna

          My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
          My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html



          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mom23kids View Post
            Checking in-looks like everyone's doing good
            Hi! how are you doing maintaining? are you still 5:2? I think thats last what I remember hearing.. i could be wrong.

            Originally posted by serenity View Post
            Today is my second DD. It's only 8:52 AM, and I'm already hungry!!! Had my protein shake after crossfit this morning. I didn't have time to make shirataki noodles so I didn't. Figured that I shouldn't be using it as a crutch anyway. 10 hours to go to get through the work day, and then I can go home and have dinner. I CAN DO THIS!!!
            YOu can DO IT!


            Originally posted by AmyP View Post
            Hi everyone...I'd like to join in if you don't mind! I have done some IF before but really really doing a specific ADF for a while to see if I can get the scale to budge. I have eaten primal for almost two years now..I feel good, but never lost much weight.. My 39th birthday was yesterday, up day fo sho, so down day today! I think I will be having one mid-day meal and keep it at that. I look forward to the support!
            Hello and Welcome! please share your DD meals! I love hearing other peoples menus!

            Comment


            • Hello, this thread is so friendly and supporting, I read it regularly even though I'm not doing ADF right now (I'm doing LCHF). It is comforting to know that there is some tweak that I can do if I hit the plateau.
              Fingers crossed for all of you and your successes
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman




              My journal
              iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

              Comment


              • I'm still doing steak and eggs. Tomorrow will be a fast day for me.

                Comment


                • Welcome to all the new comers!

                  Up .8 pounds from my UD, so I am 1.4 up from last weeks weigh in. That means I need to lose 2 pounds after today's DD to have a loss for the week. And at that it would only be .6 if it happens :/ my goals for the following week are to keep the carbs at 50 or below and to keep within my calories on my ud's. also I'd really like to try to not weigh in for a week, it'll be tough but I'm driving myself crazy weighing every day.
                  Veronica
                  High weight: 263.8 lbs
                  Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                  ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                  Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                  Goal: 145 lbs

                  Comment


                  • Feel free to join in any time SugarFreeLife!

                    Veronica...yeah, I weigh every day, but at any point if it made me crazy I'd have to stop.
                    __________
                    Donna

                    My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html



                    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                    Comment


                    • I'm really getting to like weighing. One morning my Honey asked me, 'what's the score?' It is becoming more game-like.

                      A game I am winning!

                      Comment


                      • DD is going really well today. About 100 calories worth of coffee milk and that's it. It may be easy as I am suffering with the first sinus infection since Jr High. Where did this come from? I don't feel horrible, but I'm tired of hacking, and I've lost my voice. Planted a couple rows in the garden after work and making fresh butter before bed. Woo!
                        The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MikeAtTaree View Post
                          Thanks for clearing it up for me.



                          Hey Lucy, do you know if anyone sells goat meat in Newcastle? I used to get it all the time when I lived in Brisbane at Halal butchers, but as you can imagine Taree is a bit of a Lamb and Beef town
                          Hm, I have never seen it anywhere. It would be good to know actually as I hear it is quite lean and healthy. I'll keep an eye out. Maybe at the weekend farmer's markets...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                            I'm still doing steak and eggs. Tomorrow will be a fast day for me.
                            Hi eKatherine- I am also doing JUDD with steak & eggs (not so much steak as I mainly eat lamb, turkey, salmon and eggs. Do you fast on every DD?

                            I should probably introduce myself as I am just lurking here. I have been on JUDD since December 2012. I started combining it with meat & eggs 2 weeks ago and the scale has really moved down quite nicely. I am almost at my goal weight. I had no problem losing it on JUDD combined with Atkins but I recently decided to just do strict protein to control carb binges.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by moon7 View Post
                              Hi eKatherine- I am also doing JUDD with steak & eggs (not so much steak as I mainly eat lamb, turkey, salmon and eggs. Do you fast on every DD?

                              I should probably introduce myself as I am just lurking here. I have been on JUDD since December 2012. I started combining it with meat & eggs 2 weeks ago and the scale has really moved down quite nicely. I am almost at my goal weight. I had no problem losing it on JUDD combined with Atkins but I recently decided to just do strict protein to control carb binges.
                              I was doing regular up days and down days for a few weeks before I started the steak-and-eggs challenge. Now I am trying to keep my calories between around 1300 and 1500 calories on a regular steak-and-eggs day, during which I eat two meals (lunch and supper) or just one (supper). That feels like plenty of food. My carb reload day I have set a goal of 1800 calories of seafood, vegetables, fruit, and chocolate, no other added fat. Last week I had one total fast day, and I will do that tomorrow as well. After my fast day I was expecting to have a heavy feed day, but I wasn't very hungry after all.

                              Comment


                              • My first fast day yesterday. As posted a bowl of celery and chicken soup made with stock and leftovers from a slow cooked whole chicken. Then at 6 pm a thick slice of pot roast and steamed green veg. NO beer waaah waah.

                                This morning I cooked up a big breakfast of 2 eggs, 2 bacon, a tomato, 2 beef sausages and naughty naughty about a heaped tablespoon of baked beans. Surprisingly I wasn't really ravenous and left one and a half sausages to feed to the Kookaburras later.

                                It's now early afternoon and I'm not even peckish. I have a serve of Indian Butter Chicken curry in the freezer with a sweet potato mash, will do me for dinner. Hope it's always as easy as this. Very impressed.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X